Corona Virus @ impact on check in

3 weeks ago when we boarded the shortened Anthem cruise, there was absolutely no delay whatsoever.  They asked a couple of very generic screening questions and off we went.  I wouldn't expect any delays unless there is something in your travel history (passport) that indicates you have traveled through any of the restricted areas.

New update on the RC website, it should make boarding interesting at Singapore {not sure why Singapore has been added only 100 ish cases so far and was one of the first places affected outside china}

2.  There will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:

a. Any guest who has travelled from, to or through Japan, Singapore, Thailand, and Italy (all regions other than Emilia-Romagna, Lombardy and Veneto) in the past 15 days.

We all don’t like delays especially when embarking on a cruise.  But the posts on this thread scare me.  If they are not screening passports or asking guests about previous travel to affected areas or exposure to infected persons, carriers of the virus may get past check-in and onto the ship.  I don’t like what I’m hearing on the news this morning about infected people being asymptomatic and about the virus being undetected in Seattle for weeks.

Anthem of the Seas boarding on FEB 23 had the three questions that everyone was required to be asked:

1) Been to China, Hong Kong or Macau in the past 14 days?  ... No

2) Have you (to your knowledge) been exposed to anyone from those 3 countries? ... No

3) Do you have any cold/flu like symptoms? ... No

All passengers were being funneled through these quick and easy questions.

After that, facial recognition pushed us quickly on board (no need to show passports ... you have to be set up through the APP to do this).

The bigger issue for us was a number of idiots not washing their hands when it was required.  Walking through the Windjammer wash station to avoid both the sanitizer "spritz" and the wash station requirement (there was lots of room) was the gold medal of stupidity.

Curt from Canada

13 minutes ago, Curt From Canada said:

The bigger issue for us was a number of idiots not washing their hands when it was required.  Walking through the Windjammer wash station to avoid both the sanitizer "spritz" and the wash station requirement (there was lots of room) was the gold medal of stupidity.

I’m seriously considering bringing disposable gloves next time I visit the Windjammer.  Those “idiots” touch the serving spoons, don’t they?

I rarely visit the Windjammer because my mealtimes on cruises start at MTD at 5:00PM.  If ever I wanted to eat before that, it would be food from the deli style outlets.

46 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I’m seriously considering bringing disposable gloves next time I visit the Windjammer.  Those “idiots” touch the serving spoons, don’t they?

I rarely visit the Windjammer because my mealtimes on cruises start at MTD at 5:00PM.  If ever I wanted to eat before that, it would be food from the deli style outlets.

I "buried" the lead on my previous post.  We never ate in the Windjammer once.  We were just passing through to go to iFly.

Curt from Canada

18 minutes ago, Anastasia said:

This is why I’m so wary.. I can’t trust other people not answering the questionnaires truthfully and/or practicing good hand hygiene. The last thing I need is to be quarantined on a ship for 2 weeks for someone’s lack of hand hygiene.

I seriously doubt there will be anymore quarantines on ships. They’ve learned that was not such a good idea. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/how-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-coronavirus-quarantine-went-wrong-2020-2%3famp

You should be not allowed to enter if you do not wash uour hands or use sanitizer.  On another note if they sneeze or cough into their hand and do not sanitize again, it did not mater if they washed when they came in or not. 

After you pick up food befire you pick up your utensils sanitize again in case your touched utensils that may be contaminated.

8 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I work in food service and was thinking the exact same thing. 

On 3/2/2020 at 7:23 AM, PG Cruiser said:

We all don’t like delays especially when embarking on a cruise.  But the posts on this thread scare me.  If they are not screening passports or asking guests about previous travel to affected areas or exposure to infected persons, carriers of the virus may get past check-in and onto the ship.  I don’t like what I’m hearing on the news this morning about infected people being asymptomatic and about the virus being undetected in Seattle for weeks.

When working with a travel agent,  they do ask for your Passport when completing the booking.   So that info gets sent to RCL to create the reservation.  I'm wondering if the have procedures in place to check each passport for travel history?

On 3/2/2020 at 5:42 AM, Curt From Canada said:

I now question if people had that thought about me... I stopped at the restroom (washed hands! waved hand at door opener) before going into the WJ and didn't wash my hands again. Considering the only thing I had touched prior to that was a paper towel slightly more than a minute prior, I didn't see a reason to do it again.

Even with the hand washing stations though, the number of people I watched sneeze/cough into their hand then walk to grab serving utensils made me realize It's a losing battle and the only way to avoid it was not going there at all ?

12 hours ago, saytheb said:

I now question if people had that thought about me... I stopped at the restroom (washed hands! waved hand at door opener) before going into the WJ and didn't wash my hands again. Considering the only thing I had touched prior to that was a paper towel slightly more than a minute prior, I didn't see a reason to do it again.

Even with the hand washing stations though, the number of people I watched sneeze/cough into their hand then walk to grab serving utensils made me realize It's a losing battle and the only way to avoid it was not going there at all ?

Same here, I wash my hands BEFORE going to the Windjammer like ALL should. If that bothers somebody watching me walk through the entrance to the buffet, then maybe some of the people here need to find something else to do other than cruising with 3 or 4 thousand people in very close quarters.