Drink Package Best Deal

smap

Experienced cruisers.... do you know what the deepest discount RC will offer on the beverage packages is? Right now they are doing 30% off. Should I snag that now? Or could it go lower? Is it truly a savings to buy it now vs. on the ship? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, smap said:

Experienced cruisers.... do you know what the deepest discount RC will offer on the beverage packages is? Right now they are doing 30% off. Should I snag that now? Or could it go lower? Is it truly a savings to buy it now vs. on the ship? Thanks!

Never ever EVER look at the percentage discount.  It is nothing but a red herring.  Just look at the bottom line - what is the product/event going to cost, in the end ?  That's all that matters.  The percentage discount is based on the full onboard price and they never disclose what that price is, prior to the cruise.  Currently, if your Deluxe Beverage Package is $51 or lower and you are interested in buying the DBP, GET IT.  It's more than likely not going any lower than that.  Also, you must realize that, in addition to the $51 PP/PD, they are going to tack on another 18% gratuity, so it will be even higher than $51...but that's going to happen no matter what price they are charging.

...and finally, even if the price does go down after you purchase the package, you can always cancel what you have and rebuy at the lower price.

@WAAAYTOOO Once again you have answered a question I didn't know and I neglected to ask!  LOVE This! I have been watching my DBP for my 4 night on the Mariner in August 2020, now I can make an educated decision moving forward, thanks again @WAAAYTOOO, your the best! Denise

(I am not totally a cheapo, but I like to believe I am not wasteful)

If you really want the drink package, you could purchase now and then watch to see if it goes lower.   Most of the time it will, but sometimes it doesn't.  Better to lock in a decent price now and try to improve later.

I wanted to get the drink package on my recent cruise and waited for it to go lower.  It got to as low as $51, but I thought about it too long and it increased to $55.  As ridiculous as it sounds, the extra $4 irritated me and I didn't purchase it.   With full buyer's remorse, I got on board last week and they were doing a buy one get one free and the math worked out to be exactly $51 per person.  By then we had brought on our refillable water bottles, cans of soda, and 2 bottles of wine.  So I passed again.   But it bothered me the entire first day. We spent about $100 on drinks the first day and I was kicking myself.   But we did more drinking at port stops and it ended up working out just fine.