Your Happy Place?

FManke

With all the impending doom and gloom of the news today, when it comes to Covid-19 and such, let's look on the bright side.

What's your happy place?

What's the one spot on any ship, or specific spot on a specific ship that you look forward to when you cruise? 

Mine is on any ship, at the rail with a cup of coffee in hand at sunrise.

Happy cruising!

41 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

have a few. My first happy place, is when we first approach the ship. I love the look on my kids faces when they marvel at the size of the ship.

I'm sure your kids aren't the only ones with that look on their face lol... I get it every time too and I'm almost 50 lol  

To choose one is impossible, but I'll limit myself from ranting.

1. When I step aboard for the first time.
  2. Balcony, at night, staring into the darkness listening to the sounds of the ocean (and me chomping on midnight pizza).
  3. Lounger, listening to pool side music and people watching as I sip whatever adult beverage I've ordered.
  4. Most importantly, enjoying private time with my wife on our balcony... Sipping coffee, eating breakfast, having a snack, or just chatting. 

I'll stop there because I have 99 more (at least).

45 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

I have a few. My first happy place, is when we first approach the ship. I love the look on my kids faces when they marvel at the size of the ship. I also enjoy sitting on my balcony early in the morning, coffee in hand just looking out at wherever we happen to be at the time. 

Last year, hearing our first time cruise friends reaction to Anthem of the Seas as we came along that bumpy drive in Bayonne NJ was really something special. 

1 hour ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

To choose one is impossible, but I'll limit myself from ranting.

1. When I step aboard for the first time.
  2. Balcony, at night, staring into the darkness listening to the sounds of the ocean (and me chomping on midnight pizza).
  3. Lounger, listening to pool side music and people watching as I sip whatever adult beverage I've ordered.
  4. Most importantly, enjoying private time with my wife on our balcony... Sipping coffee, eating breakfast, having a snack, or just chatting. 

I'll stop there because I have 99 more (at least).

Ditto

except switch wife for my husband!

Just being "with" my family ?

5 hours ago, FManke said:

With all the impending doom and gloom of the news today, when it comes to Covid-19 and such, let's look on the bright side.

What's your happy place?

What's the one spot on any ship, or specific spot on a specific ship that you look forward to when you cruise? 

Mine is on any ship, at the rail with a cup of coffee in hand at sunrise.

Happy cruising!

On Oasis class ships, I look forward to having a glass of wine in Central Park while listening to the afternoon or evening performance.

On vision class and similar ships, I love to relax in the Centrum or have my coffee on deck 5 watching the sunrise you mentioned.

3 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

The moment I step into that ship....instant happy and looking for that first drink in hand.

Also....staring out into the ocean, at night, with the moon reflecting on the surface, enjoying those tropical breezes....nothing like it. 

Yes, yes, and yes! Nothing beats these two experiences.

1 hour ago, Angieb said:

Hope it’s okay for me to comment because I haven’t been on cruise yet. Going on Ovation in September Hawaii to Sydney but I am looking forward to sitting on my balcony alone with a glass of wine in the evening.  Sure that will be my happy place.

Of course you can comment !  Happy to have you on the blog.

I agree with all of the aforementioned answers, but to try and narrow it down:

1)  The Solarium.  Ohmygosh, I love that place.  Especially on the big girls, with it being in the very front of the ship.

1A)  Central Park after dinner.  A nice drink and soothing music; always a nice breeze and so relaxing.

2)  Sitting in the chairs at the stern of the ship on deck 5.  Nothing but churning blue and white water.

On Oasis class I love relaxing at the Trellis Bar in Central Park, and coffee and pastries out on the balcony in the morning. On my favorite ship so far, Brilliance of the Seas, I love Schooner Bar and the outdoor couch seating next to Windjammer. Honestly, just being on any cruise is my happy place.

I get the silly grin as we load the car up at the hotel the morning of the cruise. It gets bigger as we park. And bigger once we're past security and sitting down in the waiting area. You should see me skip up the gangway! 

On the ship I'm happiest with my book on my balcony, but it's hard to pick a second place.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 1:11 PM, JLMoran said:

Looking out the aft windows of Two70 Lounge and watching the wake while eating breakfast

Sitting on my balcony or the deck 5 promenade walk and watching the cobalt blue ocean go by, with hardly a sound besides the waves lapping against the ship.

Aft windows of 270 is a definite favorite.