RoyalUp for Handicapped Stateroom?

I'm going on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale to Cozumel Mexico March 12-16 and I was curious if I chose to bid in the RoyalUp program if there is a way I can guarantee a handicap stateroom? I'm in a wheelchair but I would not mind taking advantage of possible cancellations due to the coronavirus scare. However I obviously don't want to spend my money and then get a room I can't even access. Does anyone know if this is possible?

This is an excellent question.  I do not know the answer but I feel certain that if you require an accessible room and have already got one booked, they would not book you into a non-accessible room.  BUT this IS Royal we're talking about here....so I wouldn't bet my life on it, either.  I would have my Travel Agent check this out for me.

25 minutes ago, Bakerette said:

The corona virus is in Asia & only affects the residents of the Asian countries & the cruise ships in the Asian Market. The corona virus is not in any other country/continent besides Asia.

This is not accurate.  COVID-19 is present in many countries outside of the Asia region including those in North America and many in Europe. 

The US has 69 cases and has seen one death from COVID-19.  Canada has 20 cases of COVID-19.  Mexico has 10 cases of COVID-19.   

6 hours ago, CrippleGod said:

I'm going on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale to Cozumel Mexico March 12-16 and I was curious if I chose to bid in the RoyalUp program if there is a way I can guarantee a handicap stateroom? I'm in a wheelchair but I would not mind taking advantage of possible cancellations due to the coronavirus scare. However I obviously don't want to spend my money and then get a room I can't even access. Does anyone know if this is possible?

No they won’t guarantee that, it’s best to go on the waitlist for accessible cabins, upgrades one of the any disadvantages to wheelchair users..??‍♂️

9 hours ago, CrippleGod said:

I also need handicap staterooms and as someone said they will not guarantee they upgrade you to an accessible room. I would NOT chance this at all.. The only way you can upgrade would be doing an actual straight upgrade where you call Royal and pay the difference.. Sorry about that.