Contacting in Case of Emergency

Hi everyone! My husband and I are leaving on our first cruise together in 7 days, and leaving the kiddos at home with grandma. I was just wondering if there is a specific way for my mom to get a hold of us on the ship in case of an absolute emergency. We aren't planning on buying the internet package because we really want to disconnect, so I would like to give her some way to contact us just in case of an emergency. Thanks in advance!

Alyssa

I found this. not sure if it is valid.. worth checking into.

You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPass account.

Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (321) 953-9003. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply.

You can also use our onboard Internet Cafés, stateroom Internet connection, or Hot Spots to send an e-mail to your friends or family for a minimal fee.

15 minutes ago, JG1209 said:

I found this. not sure if it is valid.. worth checking into.

You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPass account.

Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (321) 953-9003. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply.

You can also use our onboard Internet Cafés, stateroom Internet connection, or Hot Spots to send an e-mail to your friends or family for a minimal fee.

Thank you! This is what I was looking for. Expensive for normal use, but good for emergencies.