Port Canaveral Hotel?

kenem

I was there in January, I booked international palms resort.  It is ocean front,  the room was fine, but dated. Fire pits, propane, and a cheap smores package to nibble at the fire. I liked it, $5 a night park and cruise package. The shuttle to the port was $20 round trip per person. The price was great, staff was friendly. I'd do it again for one night, not 2 though.

22 hours ago, kenem said:

Can anyone recommend a place to stay the night before our cruise?

You might decide if you want to see the beach or just relax after travel.  We've tried the Radisson with courtesy shuttle to the Port, but the park and ride was a little pricey in peak season, and the shuttle coordination was a mess (too many ships!).  We now use Best Western by the pier as we want to enjoy a few hours of the beach.  Like most of the beach hotels, is dated, but the "tower" building is nicer with a great view of the ocean.  There are fancier hotels depending upon your price point, but you need to decide first if you want ready beach access.

We live in the Orlando area so not much experience with port Canaveral area hotels.  I will second the vote on the Hilton in Cocoa.  We put family up there the day before a big family cruise and spent some time on property.  That and the Doubletree just up the road are a few of the options that are directly on the ocean/beach.  The others may have beach access but are not on the beach itself.  It is a little further but still a short drive up to the port.   There is a group of hotels closer to port but they are on the lagoon side and most not on the water.  Not sure on the costs as that can change depending on dates..