Please add non dairy options

Nancysau

Just returned from a great cruise - I am unable to eat dairy and was really disappointed that the only options for cereal involved regular milk, also only dairy coffee creamer and butter at the tables. These are such easy changes that could be made by offering soy or almond milk, margarine and a non dairy coffee creamer. 
I made a great salad one day too and almost every dressing was dairy based or mustard - no regular old Italian or oil based options. 

14 hours ago, Nancysau said:

Just returned from a great cruise - I am unable to eat dairy and was really disappointed that the only options for cereal involved regular milk, also only dairy coffee creamer and butter at the tables. These are such easy changes that could be made by offering soy or almond milk, margarine and a non dairy coffee creamer. 
I made a great salad one day too and almost every dressing was dairy based or mustard - no regular old Italian or oil based options. 

Did you talk to the manger in the Windjammer. My experience is they are pretty helpful, if one asks

14 hours ago, Nancysau said:

I'm surprised by this -- my DD has celiac disease (gluten free) & a degree of lactose intolerance as well, so avoids dairy for the most part, and was always able to get a non dairy milk for her coffee/lattes. As far as I know, you may have to ask for them, but they have non dairy options on board.

The title of your post look as though you may think that this is an official RCCL website and asking for these options to be added. It is not. This is a fan site not at all affiliated with Royal Caribbean.

Your comments are a bit puzzling. Each ship we've been on in the past four years has had almond and/or soy milk options and oil based dressings are a staple. As mentioned above, there's no need to suffer in silence if you have food allergies or issues. The staff is always ready and willing to accommodate. My wife is gluten intolerant and she is always appreciative of how little she has to worry about food issues.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:49 PM, Nancysau said:

Which ship were you on?