It pays to listen

MicDay

By learning from these great people I just snagged a great deal!!!

I already did final payment on our May 2020 Western Med cruise but still was checking prices and saw they had dropped.

So I called, all RC could say is no.

I got the best RC C & A rep, his name is Kenu.

I went from a family interior to a GYT Suite (Some people here are a bad influence and YOLO) 

Yes, I paid the difference but since I listen to the wonderful people on this blog ( see above) I booked as soon as it opened so it was at a great price to start with.

The price difference was $700 per stateroom (I know, it was a crazy good price, to me at least)

So now we can try out a suite and see if it's worth they extra cost.

Of course my husband is worried, he thinks once I try a suite I will never want to go back to a OV balcony (our typical room)

Plus again taking the advice from here, I got two staterooms for us four (why we were in two family interior staterooms instead of a OV balcony)

So our daughter and her boyfriend are also in a GYT Suite.

I just had to share, I'm super excited.  I can't wait to see where we land in terms of suites ( totally fine with a JR suite)

Plus we get double C & A points!!

You will be spoiled with a suite! I know I am. My mom took me on a cruise for my graduation/birthday/mother-daughter trip-- and we got grand suite to celebrate... when we booked our next cruise, we originally booked a balcony room but then sat down with NextCruise and was like- oh heck, why not- we upgraded to a suite again... and now on our 3rd cruise together, you guessed it- we are in a suite (to celebrate my 40th bday). We seem to always find some "excuse" to book a suite. LOL

Next year, my mom and I are taking a cruise with my 6 yr old and 10 yr old... and we will have to down grade. The cost of a suite for the 4 of us is just too much... so we will have to down grade to balcony rooms... We couldnt find an "excuse" to book a suite for that trip LOL

I

17 minutes ago, JG1209 said:

You will be spoiled with a suite! I know I am. My mom took me on a cruise for my graduation/birthday/mother-daughter trip-- and we got grand suite to celebrate... when we booked our next cruise, we originally booked a balcony room but then sat down with NextCruise and was like- oh heck, why not- we upgraded to a suite again... and now on our 3rd cruise together, you guessed it- we are in a suite (to celebrate my 40th bday). We seem to always find some "excuse" to book a suite. LOL

Next year, my mom and I are taking a cruise with my 6 yr old and 10 yr old... and we will have to down grade. The cost of a suite for the 4 of us is just too much... so we will have to down grade to balcony rooms... We couldnt find an "excuse" to book a suite for that trip LOL

I

Until the Kids Sail Free special comes around again... then it’ll be “it’s 4 of us in a suite for the price of 2!” ? 

1 hour ago, RickinSTL said:

I know this board can be very influential on us.. That's why I have a suite booked on Freedom in September lol

Hey Rick! We are headed to Miami for an Oasis sailing end of March. . . BUT! Before we get on the ship, we are headed to watch the Blues at Panthers. LGB!!!

8 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Hey Rick! We are headed to Miami for an Oasis sailing end of March. . . BUT! Before we get on the ship, we are headed to watch the Blues at Panthers. LGB!!!

LGB!! When we cruised from Seattle, There was an interleague series with the Cards and Mariners.. When we cruised out of Miami, we missed the Blues and Spring training by a day..  Im goin to start scheduling our cruises to see our teams away games lol 

21 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

That sounds awesome.   I've never booked anything but an OV balcony or less, but my next 4 cruises are all GTY suite or JS.  

Could it be the influence of this blog or the podcast...........?    I'm blaming Mr. YOLO/aka Matt.

Yes!!!  I have never been in a suite, but now check whenever I book to see if a deal can be had on one.  I am more influenced by @Lovetocruise2002.

On 2/29/2020 at 1:06 PM, Baked Alaska said:

Won't the panthers attack the musicians? Or can they fend them off with their instruments? And who signs up for this? Panthers are still endangered. Leave them alone.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:18 PM, RickinSTL said:

LGB!! When we cruised from Seattle, There was an interleague series with the Cards and Mariners.. When we cruised out of Miami, we missed the Blues and Spring training by a day..  Im goin to start scheduling our cruises to see our teams away games lol 

I always heard that mariners played dice games as cards on the ships may get wet and ruined.

19 minutes ago, YOLO said:

Yes!!!  I have never been in a suite, but now check whenever I book to see if a deal can be had on one.  I am more influenced by @Lovetocruise2002.

Oh boy, here we go again...blame the nice Canadian.  I will take one for #teamsuitesnob ?

16 hours ago, YOLO said:

Yep, her blogs and "YOLO" cruises have definitely influenced me. GS booked for Allure in Dec. "YOLO" Med cruise in June 2021. 

"Suite" taste on a teacher budget... ?‍♀️?