Airport transfers

SpeedNoodles

We purchased airport transfers for tomorrow’s departure to Miami airport. I couldn’t understand much of what the woman at Guest Services said. She gave us a paper receipt that we’d paid...should we have some sort of ticket for the bus? Do we just put our luggage out like normal, pick it up at the terminal and bring it out to the bus?

if I can’t figure this out, we’re just staying for another week.   ?

The receipt you were given is your “ticket” for the bus, though I don’t remember the driver/conductor checking for them.

You follow all the disembarkation procedures until you clear passport control. From there you proceed to the bays where the transfer buses are and look the one headed to the Miami airport.

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The bus driver(s) will have a list of people who have paid and they will just check you off when you arrive.

I've been trying hard to recall if they ever did that with me.  I can't remember at all.   All I did was find the bus, leave my luggage with them and tell them my airline.  I actually remember telling myself, "People could just sneak onto these buses and get free transfers".

One thing they don't forget to do though is to "remind" you how well they took care of you and that they'd appreciate it if you "took care" of them too. *cough* TIP *cough*

Maybe I shouldn't "cough"... I might be denied boarding ... ha ha

When we got off Liberty this was the process. All transfers were given luggage tags numbered either 1 or 2. Luggage was placed outside the room the night before. Airport transfer disembarkment times were the same as the Pinnacles and Suites. We got off the ship at the required time, collected our luggage, we were pointed in the correct direction to the buses after asking port personnel.  Once we got to the bus, we gave our names to the guy with the clipboard who checked us is, and we hopped on the bus. Luggage was loaded by the driver.

That being said, I wholeheartedly agree, just remain on board!

4 hours ago, emsff02 said:

When we got off Liberty this was the process. All transfers were given luggage tags numbered either 1 or 2. Luggage was placed outside the room the night before. Airport transfer disembarkment times were the same as the Pinnacles and Suites. We got off the ship at the required time, collected our luggage, we were pointed in the correct direction to the buses after asking port personnel.  Once we got to the bus, we gave our names to the guy with the clipboard who checked us is, and we hopped on the bus. Luggage was loaded by the driver.

That being said, I wholeheartedly agree, just remain on board!

You must have had an early flight (Early Transfers) They have a different tag number for those flying out later in the afternoon (Late Transfers)

61D56AC4-EDFC-4C93-ACAA-009038E2AF25.thumb.jpeg.cd94e646e9920c67a4299e9966089c87.jpeg

1 minute ago, PG Cruiser said:

You must have had an early flight. They have a different tag number for those flying out later in the afternoon.

Nope, our flights were 4:30pm. Per the paperwork dispersed, everyone was given those tag numbers. This was out of galveston, so probably the distance to the airport played a role here. 

1 minute ago, emsff02 said:

Nope, our flights were 4:30pm. Per the paperwork dispersed, everyone was given those tag numbers. This was out of galveston, so probably the distance to the airport played a role here. 

I’ve purchased transfers for Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and Seattle.  The airports were very close.

One reason I don’t want to sail out of Galveston is the distance from both airports serving the area.

4 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I've been trying hard to recall if they ever did that with me.  I can't remember at all.   All I did was find the bus, leave my luggage with them and tell them my airline.  I actually remember telling myself, "People could just sneak onto these buses and get free transfers".

One thing they don't forget to do though is to "remind" you how well they took care of you and that they'd appreciate it if you "took care" of them too. *cough* TIP *cough*

Maybe I shouldn't "cough"... I might be denied boarding ... ha ha

This was my exact same experience.. though the guy at the podium told us "Go to the green bus".. as we were 3 buses away, we were suddenly shuffled onto a different bus rather haphazardly and we left our luggage. We figured it was a 50/50 shot of either going to the airport, or being kidnapped to a timeshare presentation.

1 minute ago, PG Cruiser said:

One reason I don’t want to sail out of Galveston is the distance from both airports serving the area.

I can understand that. It's not as bad as you think though. There are many ways to get to the ports, and I found our ride on the shuttle pleasant. 

3 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

I can understand that. It's not as bad as you think though. There are many ways to get to the ports, and I found our ride on the shuttle pleasant. 

If ever the ships on my bucket list sail out of Galveston, I’ll keep this in mind.  They are Freedom, Voyager, and Quantum.

Be sure to check the luggage times flier to make sure your luggage tags are for either "early or late transfers".  On a recent cruise, I did not have the right tags in my room, so I went to Customer Service and they gave me the correct ones to use for my transfer based on my flight time.