Fact not rumour, Coronavirus live update and Current word travel Restrictions

DaiC01

• DaiC01 changed the title to Fact not rumour, Coronavirus live update.
3 hours ago, YOLO said:

Yes, unbelievable is it not!!!  I can't fathom how someone could do that.

@PG Cruiser  Didn't you just cancel a cruise?  We are sailing Sunday on Anthem and I am very nervous.  It's the other people I worry about...

Yes, I canceled my May Oasis cruise, not out of fear for the virus, but for the way it has impacted the cruise industry.  How many cruise ships are on the CV list now?

7 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Yes, I canceled my May Oasis cruise, not out of fear for the virus, but for the way it has impacted the cruise industry.  How many cruise ships are on the CV list now?

Not sure I understand.  What is the CV list?  Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

Not sure I understand.  What is the CV list?  Am I missing something?

I call it the Coronavirus list - ships that have been affected by the virus. (It’s a list I made which I posted somewhere on this forum, I might start a topic on it)

This morning, the Grand Princess joins the other ships on the list as it is held off the coast of San Francisco.

26 minutes ago, YOLO said:

Yes, I heard about the Grand Princess this morning too.  So why did you decide to not cruise?  You said it was not out of fear but more the cruise industry response.  Something like that?

I felt I was not ready for any possible disruptions to my cruise experience, that's all.  I have to fly to Miami for the sailing which adds another layer of uncertainty, especially now that airlines are cutting down on their number of flights.  I asked myself, "Do I really need to go on a cruise?" ... I answered myself back, "No you don't".

13 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

THe CV list. Is that 2 now?   The hysteria is what is out of control, not the virus.

That's at least 4.  Not to mention what happen to Anthem about 3 weeks ago.  And that is the ship I am sailing on this Sunday. @PG Cruiser  Do you have a link to your list?

50 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I felt I was not ready for any possible disruptions to my cruise experience, that's all.  I have to fly to Miami for the sailing which adds another layer of uncertainty, especially now that airlines are cutting down on their number of flights.  I asked myself, "Do I really need to go on a cruise?" ... I answered myself back, "No you don't".

Ahhhh, I completely understand.  Lucky for us, our Sunday cruise is drive-able for us.  If it wasn't I would really want out!

19 hours ago, Psyduck said:

@PG Cruiser I think we are on the same cruise.  We are sailing this Sunday Anthem of the Sea too .....

It is too late to reschedule too... and we are going with 5 other families....

I wish RC can do something about this...

We are cruising this sunday as well and i can't with everything that is happening.... we are all terrified to go especially with NJ and NY areas being now affected. any chance to cancel or reschedule ? we have insurance but i'm not sure if it will cover us

2 hours ago, karasevaO said:

We are cruising this sunday as well and i can't with everything that is happening.... we are all terrified to go especially with NJ and NY areas being now affected. any chance to cancel or reschedule ? we have insurance but i'm not sure if it will cover us

Maybe this thread will help?

16 hours ago, karasevaO said:

Royal has updated their cancellation policy  - I hope you're still monitoring the thread

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/03/06/royal-caribbean-allows-cancellations-48-hours-sailing-due-coronavirus-outbreak?fbclid=IwAR11UcVCQzt1NdHzNvCC9flYH-oEKShX9b_WKtTXO5yDXnexXil1Go9IP-8

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Too bad I cancelled too early.

17 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

My travel agent @StephanieH is taking care of that for me.  Hope I get a favorable response.

@PG Cruiser @StephanieH  Great!  Good Luck with that.  I am working with Stephanie on next year's GC.  For our Anthem cruise on Sunday, it looks like our friends from FL will not be able to cancel their flights and therefore are still cruising.  So we will join them as planned and hope for the best.  I am looking forward to seeing Coco Cay.

1 hour ago, Sweety said:

A CPS employee has the virus. Chicago Public Schools are sending a travel advisory letter for everyone. I have a decision to make.

CPS closed down the entire school for 14 days. Parents of the students can't go to work. They are closing their work places for 14 days. There are 322 students.