more coronavirus question

koontm

supposed to cruise from ft. lauderdale on march 8 (in 9 days) with wife and 4 kids.   trying to decide if we should go (leaning toward yes).  are things "normal" on cruises right now? i'm not that worried about anyone getting coronavirus but will everyone be wearing masks?  will the cruise be half empty?  are things normal? no idea what to do.

Not sure about the US but we just completed a cruise on Voyager OTS in Australia and it was a completely normal cruise with no masks to be seen apart from boarding day with some of the embarkation staff.

On the ship the only thing we noticed was increased cleaning and sanitising by the crew otherwise the cruise was completely normal.

39 minutes ago, koontm said:

there is a lot of talk about "to go" or "not to go". my question is more about the environment on cruises right now and if things aren't normal will it put a damper on the trip (like everyone on the pool deck wearing masks).  

Everything is normal on the cruises. No masks its not half empty its fine.. I have a cruise in 23 days on Symphony and I cant wait to go.. Also my cruise is almost fully sold out.. I wish people would cancel so I could get an upgrade lol.. 

It is really no different than the seasonal flu.  I would not let it deter you from travelling unless you have a compromised immune systen.

You still follow the same procedures.

• wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
  • use alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available
    • it is a good idea to always keep some with you when you travel
  • eat and drink safely abroad by staying away from raw or under cooked food and meat
  • avoid close contact with people who may be sick, especially if they have difficulty breathing or have a fever or cough
  • be aware of the local situation
  • follow local public health advice

@Jolly Ogre Corona=beer so that's what I call it ?

@koontm As I stated no live blog on here have spoken negatively. @Matt podcast about the Anthem that was docked for a bit over the scare, still went normal. The ship being a little less crowded is not a bad thing. Also if we are being ?I've seen a ton of Asian people walking with the mask before this virus was even in play.

Just got off Enchantment yesterday. Business as usual - except maybe a bit more pushing the handwashing, and they were constantly cleaning and spraying down communal surfaces like the handrails and such. No biggie. We were not concerned with cruising at all. More worried about the flu than coronavirus.

23 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Jolly Ogre I don't think by posting on a cruise board I am spreading misinformation but okay.

I don't want to get into a verbal altercation, however just because there is a jockular name for something does not make it ok to use, just like using a derogatory name for a group for satire purposes.

We as educated people should be above such things. Especially on a board here to help educate and help our fellow RCCL passengers.

And that is all I am going to say about that.

I have flown recently as well and yes you may see a few people that will have masks on when you are out, but in general most people are mentioning - even in the Atlanta airport - that everyone needs to wash their hands to help protect themselves.

The cruise lines are updating to those booked a couple of times a week and I recommend that people find out what the cruise line is recommending from the cruise line or ask your travel provider.  There is a lot of misinformation on boards, Facebook, and quite frankly in the news also, but if you have a question about how things will be handled  - i would go straight to the source and not be led astray by others.  I know they mean well, but each person has to make a decision for themselves based on facts from supplier. Doctor, and discussion with those in the know.

If you are not getting updates, call and make sure that your email is correctly loaded with the cruiseline.

1 hour ago, Buzzard05 said:

The survey showed 38 percent of American beer drinkers “would not buy Corona under any circumstances

now.”

I wonder what it was before. Personally I didn't care for Corona long before COVID-19. Unless it was upside-down in a margarita.