Pre-Cruise Seattle Hotel Recommendations

Kimlen

Hello Cruisers,

I am looking for recommendations on hotels near the cruise port in Seattle for my May trip to Alaska. I would also like it to be in walking distances to attractions (such as Pike Place Market). I will be arriving 2 days before the cruise departs and staying one day after the cruise return. If at all possible I would like to stay below $150 per night. Lastly, has anyone tried Hotel Tonight to do their booking on the way back to Seattle?

Thanks for all your insight and help!

Kimberly

I am having trouble finding anything that fits within this price range for my early June Ovation sailing, so just following along to see what suggestions are made.   I'm seeing that for some reason my dates are running above average pricing compared to the rest of the months of May and June, so you may have better luck than I!

Hotels within walking distance of attractions like Pike Place Market are still a good distance from the port if cruising on Ovation. We cruised last May and ported out of the farthest port (Port 91). I believe this is probably still the port  but can be easily confirmed with a phone call or online at portseattle.com cruise sailing schedule. We stayed in the Pike Place Market area and were about a 15 minute drive to the port. The distance isn’t too far but traffic makes it longer by time. Arrive to the port early as the traffic in and around the port can be a challenge the later in the day it is.  We stayed at the Grand Hyatt and loved the location as well as the hotel. Uber’s to the port have their own drop off and pick up staging area which is about a 1/4 mike short of being taken all the way to terminal. The port does run a complimentary shuttle from that point to terminal but we walked, as do many, and did not find it over burdensome at all. We were at luggage drop off and terminal before we knew it. Have a fabulous time. I loved every minute. I will remain Cruise envious of you for now. 

I stayed at a Four Points Hotel the night before the cruise.  The hotel staff helped me book for a shuttle to take me to the port the next day.  The hotel was within 1-2 miles from the places you mentioned, about 0.6 miles from the Space Needle. I was gonna walk to those places but got lazy and took Ubers instead.  Cost me less than $20 each way.

+1 on the grand hyatt, but mostly cause i prefer hyatts, but it has a great location.  if you hold hyatt's credit card, or have any category 1-4 certs, starting march 22, most of the hyatts in seattle will be category 4 or lower.  the thompson is the only place you cannot use a cert.  most places in the downtown area are easily walkable.  if you have to go further, light rail easy to navigate.