Sharing Internet Package

4 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Are you able to share an internet package with friends traveling with on a different reservation?  If all of us were planning to get it, to get (2) 2-device package is considerably more than getting (1) 4-device package.  I am not sure though if it can be shared across staterooms like that.  

Yes, you can share with anyone you want. The only restriction is the number of devices logged in at one time (in your case 4). It doesn't matter what devices or who they are owned by.

Not a problem just remember when the owner of the 4 device plan creates the username and PIN that will have to be shared by everyone so don't pick a PIN like your ATM card that you don't want everyone knowing.   Something like the last four digits of your phone number or any easy to share username and PIN will work.  

The system does allow someone to kick off someone else.  If there are four devices logged in and a fifth device attempts to connect it will inform the user of the new device that all sessions are in use but offer to kick off another device.   

It's not a problem in a small group or family where everyone trusts each other but if one person shares the credentials with someone else it can become a free for all.  If four families are sharing a 4 device plan and family A is assumed to represent or consume one device but the 4 kids in family A all desire to be connected they can use the credentials to kick everyone else in family B, C and D off.  Depending on the group dynamics it can work or it can become a source of contention between group members if some aren't playing nice.  

7 hours ago, twangster said:

The system does allow someone to kick off someone else. 

Barb and I seem to kick each other several times during a cruise because we always only get one device.  Its more funny than an annoyance for us.  But can see how it could be a problem.  Grandson asked for my code last year...Didn't happen but I did let him use my iPad to text some of his friends. 

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Not a problem just remember when the owner of the 4 device plan creates the username and PIN that will have to be shared by everyone so don't pick a PIN like your ATM card that you don't want everyone knowing.   Something like the last four digits of your phone number or any easy to share username and PIN will work.  

1-2-3-4?

That's the combination to my luggage!