Independence of the Seas

JoyJoy

Hi!

I'm sailing Independence of the Seas for the first time. Staying in a Junior Suite with hubby and a 7 year old. Other companions are staying in a Balcony room. I may or may not take advantage of the Adventure Ocean.

Please share any tips, tricks, advice, must do's, must don'ts or commentary regarding Independence of the Seas. I greatly appreciate it :-)!

I did a not so live blog from my January cruise - it might help.

The usual cruise tips are, of course, applicable. Especially Matt's! 

For me, we were on super early thanks to having Expedited Arrival. Made checking in via the app very worthwhile.

- WJ was open earlier than the posted time, so if you're on early you may want to check in every 10-15 minutes to see if it's open.

- Register for Adventure Ocean sooner rather than later. It can get busy that first evening.

- I would get to Grease early. My daughter and I got there 15 minutes before showtime and it was PACKED. There were basically seats on the side and the Bob Uecker seats left

39 minutes ago, KWong said:

I did a not so live blog from my January cruise - it might help.

- I would get to Grease early. My daughter and I got there 15 minutes before showtime and it was PACKED. There were basically seats on the side and the Bob Uecker seats left

Thanks for this tip. Too early arrival wasn't super necessary on my Feb sailing on Navigator for the shows. So I would have assumed the 15 minute was good enough. Thanks for informing me of the contrary lol.

You did your blog on one of the message boards, correct? I read some of it. I will revisit. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

Thanks for this tip. Too early arrival wasn't super necessary on my Feb sailing on Navigator for the shows. So I would have assumed the 15 minute was good enough. Thanks for informing me of the contrary lol.

You did your blog on one of the message boards, correct? I read some of it. I will revisit. Thanks!

Yes, right here