Galvaston Port

Unfortunately I can't help with the transportation because we always drive down. We like to stay in Clear Lake which is between Hobby and Galveston. Hubby's work usues Hilton brands for travel, so that's where we stay because of his points. There are several in that area, and we have stayed at the Homewood Suites on Bay Area Blvd quite a bit. My MIL came with us on our last cruise, and she flew into Hobby. It was just 15 minutes from the airport to our hotel when we picked her up so I would think you could get an Uber/Lyft. It's 30 minutes from there to the cruise terminal. 

We made the journey from, and back to George Bush Airport, and Lyft was definitely the cheapest. We had an excellent driver as well!

We stayed in Galveston at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, 3228 Seawall Boulevard. This hotel is nearly brand new and very pleasant. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is good, just opposite the beach and a short walk away from the pleasure pier.

7 hours ago, JohnUK said:

We made the journey from, and back to George Bush Airport, and Lyft was definitely the cheapest. We had an excellent driver as well!

We stayed in Galveston at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, 3228 Seawall Boulevard. This hotel is nearly brand new and very pleasant. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is good, just opposite the beach and a short walk away from the pleasure pier.

Thanks for this tip - if we ever decide to stay on the island, I will look into this one.