Getting from hotel to pier???

tmh

RCL says ground transportation to its pier can be purchased.  Has anyone used this service before? If so, how much did this cost?  And, if not, how have you gotten to your hotel to the pier?  Did your hotel automatically offer transportation services to the pier on the day of embarkation?  How about debarkation?  How did you go about scheduling that?  Any information would be much appreciated!  This would be in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  Thank you much!

Typically round trip transfer to and from pier is scheduled through Royal Caribbean to and from the airport which you are flying into. I have used this service twice, for a cruise leaving from Cape Liberty, NJ and for a cruise leaving from Port Canaveral. Both instances I had to go back to the airport to catch the Royal Caribbean transfer bus. It was not cheap, $37 per person each way, but it is convenient if you don't want to rent a car or hail a taxi. The price depends on which airport you are flying into and how far away the port is.

Your travel agent can book this transfer for you, or you may do it yourself by calling Royal Caribbean directly. I will tell you that most people do not use this service as it costs more generally than finding your own way to the pier. Some hotels offer transportation to the pier (some free, some you pay extra for), but most don't offer pick up after the cruise to the airport. However, there will be plenty of taxi's and buses available to take you to the airport for a price once you return from the cruise.

Look for hotels near the cruise port to find ones that offer transportation to the pier. If leaving from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale I would recommend:

Hyatt House Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port http://fortlauderdaleairportsouth.house.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port http://fortlauderdaleairportsouth.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

They both offer transportation to the pier for $10 a person and are across the street from each other.

Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six http://pier66.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

This hotel offers a view of the port, you'll see all the ships on boarding day. Transportation can be arranged for a fee.

Typically round trip transfer to and from pier is scheduled through Royal Caribbean to and from the airport which you are flying into. I have used this service twice, for a cruise leaving from Cape Liberty, NJ and for a cruise leaving from Port Canaveral. Both instances I had to go back to the airport to catch the Royal Caribbean transfer bus. It was not cheap, $37 per person each way, but it is convenient if you don't want to rent a car or hail a taxi. The price depends on which airport you are flying into and how far away the port is.

Your travel agent can book this transfer for you, or you may do it yourself by calling Royal Caribbean directly. I will tell you that most people do not use this service as it costs more generally than finding your own way to the pier. Some hotels offer transportation to the pier (some free, some you pay extra for), but most don't offer pick up after the cruise to the airport. However, there will be plenty of taxi's and buses available to take you to the airport for a price once you return from the cruise.

Look for hotels near the cruise port to find ones that offer transportation to the pier. If leaving from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale I would recommend:

Hyatt House Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port http://fortlauderdaleairportsouth.house.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port http://fortlauderdaleairportsouth.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

They both offer transportation to the pier for $10 a person and are across the street from each other.

Hyatt Pier Sixty-Six http://pier66.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

This hotel offers a view of the port, you'll see all the ships on boarding day. Transportation can be arranged for

Thank you for this helpful information, Tylor!  We'll be traveling with a larger group so I was concerned with how we'd be getting 9 people to and from one place before and after the cruise.  I'm glad you mentioned "buses" when returning from the cruise.  Also, any idea on whether these buses charge per person or family etc. and, if so how much? 

Thank you for this helpful information, Tylor!  We'll be traveling with a larger group so I was concerned with how we'd be getting 9 people to and from one place before and after the cruise.  I'm glad you mentioned "buses" when returning from the cruise.  Also, any idea on whether these buses charge per person or family etc. and, if so how much? 

Transportation is always usually charged per person. There will be large vans too. You can always arrange in advance transportation for a larger group. Lots of limo type transportation companies will pick you up at the port. Many have small buses, vans, limos, etc.

The Hyatt House transportation was a small bus. If your group all plans on staying at the same hotel, I would recommend the Hyatt House. It offers 1 and 2 bedroom suites. Each bedroom has their own bathroom. It was very convenient for my group of 10 and was cheaper since I only needed 3 suites verses 5 separate rooms for 10 people.

662x325xgallery_49.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IwaI

Hyatt House Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port - 2 Bedroom Suite

Fort%2BLauderdale%2BAirport%2BShuttle%2B

Transportation is always usually charged per person. There will be large vans too. You can always arrange in advance transportation for a larger group. Lots of limo type transportation companies will pick you up at the port. Many have small buses, vans, limos, etc.

The Hyatt House transportation was a small bus. If your group all plans on staying at the same hotel, I would recommend the Hyatt House. It offers 1 and 2 bedroom suites. Each bedroom has their own bathroom. It was very convenient for my group of 10 and was cheaper since I only needed 3 suites verses 5 separate rooms for 10 people.

662x325xgallery_49.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IwaI

Hyatt House Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port - 2 Bedroom Suite

Fort%2BLauderdale%2BAirport%2BShuttle%2B

Wonderful and, again, thanks much for this information!  Will definitely look into Hyatt House! :)