Where does your handle come from?

PRebecca

17 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Otherwise, I kinda miss the AOL days. My wife and I met on AOL back in 98 before it was cool to meet people online. We dated for a few months and I broke it off because I'm an idiot. She stayed in our friends circle and we started dating again in 2004 and the rest is history. Maybe that's why she keeps her AOL email around?

I love this story!!

25 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@sk8erguy1978 This is indeed true but I have also seen some horrible Gmail names. The secretary at my company's Gmail is LoosBoott....which is loose booty and she uses it for everything. Thankfully the boss is foreign so he didn't quite understand it at first.

Barbie Omg GIF by moodman

LOL! Yep, that's why for job hunting related tasks I use my [email protected] only to keep it separate from my [email protected]. I too have both my web used handles as gmails and a few others. I am trying to consolidate since they all go to my phone, I'm not really using them for the purpose of creating them (send the junk there). I've now since created a filter for the word unsubscribe, it works pretty darn good!

On 2/26/2020 at 8:03 PM, Ampurp85 said:

@KathyC I love when people tell other they have the face of an angel....not realizing its an insult. Research suggest that looking at an angel causes blindness or bleeding from the eyes...also that quite a few hated humans. Now KathyC sound real purty....real purty

Also on another note how could some of you be on the CB 40 years ago...what type of genius babies existed back then?

Question Mark What GIF by moodman

Curious who did this "research" LOL  I guess it depends on how religious you are to believe that kind of "research"?  I'll stick with the pretty statues, viewing angels through an artist's eye.  

I am way older than you must think I am. ? 

KWong is obviously a first initial-last name.

But normally I go by "starvenger" or "starvenger88" on message boards, and I've used it since the Usenet days. If you're on the DIS or CC, you'll find me using that handle. But as to what that means:

88 is lucky in Chinese. That's the easy part to explain.

Starvengers is a late 70s/early 80s American adaptation of an anime called "Getter Robo G". Basically 3 jet-like vehicles could combine to form various robots.

Don't know if this will help, but here's an image:

force-five-starvengers.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 8:03 PM, Ampurp85 said:

@KathyC I love when people tell other they have the face of an angel....not realizing its an insult. Research suggest that looking at an angel causes blindness or bleeding from the eyes...also that quite a few hated humans. Now KathyC sound real purty....real purty

Also on another note how could some of you be on the CB 40 years ago...what type of genius babies existed back then?

Question Mark What GIF by moodman

On the other hand, Whovians will tell you not to blink if you spot a Weeping Angel.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:49 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

Mine is the English translation of a Lenni Lenape name given to me upon achieving a specific honor in a particular organization.

Bonus points to those who know what I reference.

I never reached that honor, doing the typical young man thing of dropping out of BSA shortly after I got my driver's license.  I was 1 merit badge short of Eagle and reached Brotherhood in OA.  I can't remember the Lenape name my dad had for his Vigil name but it translated to Big Puppy, which all of the gentlemen that picked it for him were quite happy at being able to poke just a little bit of fun at him.  He worked for the council and was the Lodge Advisor.

Mine is an evolution from my DH Aussies love nicknames so.when we first met 'Petal' which turned into 'Petulia' then shortened to 'Tule' which graduated to 'Big Tule' when I was HUGE when pregnant with my second child my first child DD picked up the catchy name and it has stuck ever since I used to cringe but now I accept it has a loving history and own it .079.gif.f465a3680f679f5461a7242184a6bf40.gif

Chalk mine up to not feeling very creative at the moment I created my account. It's one of the many nicknames my friends and family use for me. Usually on message boards/forums, I try to come up with a name that somehow ties in to the theme of the board -- so I really should've come up with something involving cruising. But, you know, other times, I like pulling out my all-time favorite...and now I wish I had.

"Landshark". That sounds like a creature longing for the sea, no? Well, when it's not delivering candygrams.

Image result for landshark gif