Deluxe Beverage Package and Vintages

beccaball

I will be sailing on Anthem in March and I have the deluxe beverage package

I see that there is a "self-serve" area in vintages........forgive me for sounding ignorant, but how does this work? Are the prices listed so I can see which ones would be included in the package and how much over it would cost for a glass? 

The last cruise I went on there wasn't a self-serve area in Vintages.....

I've never been, but here in Virginia there are a couple of breweries that have walls of machines that scan a card (on the ship, I'd imagine you use a Seapass card) and dispense beer. Kind of interesting and a way to try different beers before committing. The breweries charge based on how much you dispense rather than a normal soda machine that charges you $X for a cup which you fill. That seems to be roughly the same on Anthem - 2 oz (taster) and 5 oz ("glass") pours.

No idea how that will intersect with beverage plans. There are reports that it is not covered at all, then reports that it is covered (up to the normal limit). It would definitely tell you how much it costs before dispensing, though.

Report back and let us know. ?