Cruise Nightmares (literally)

spiralqueen

So I should now know better than to fall asleep relistening to podcasts about cruising. I just had an “awful” nightmare where I somehow slept through pretty much all of the first 2 days of my cruise and only woke up at 4 am when nothing was going on. I started to panic when I realized that I missed both my Grease and Aquashow reservation as well as my Coco Cay cabana and that’s around when my alarm started blaring. So I know I can’t be alone here. Who else has had literal panic nightmares about cruising? Bonus points if they are low stakes but seemed like the worst thing in the world in the dream realm. 

A few months ago while napping midday I had dream of a ship coming straight at us from the side right at my cabin.  It was one of those moments where you are semi conscious waking up but still sleeping.  A few days later the Carnival Glory nearly hit us (Oasis) in Cozumel. 

In my dream I opened my cabin curtains and a bow of ship was right there coming straight at us with speed.  In Cozumel I stepped out of the shower and the Glory bow, while not at a 90° angle to us, her bow was right there like it was larger than life slowly coming at us.  

I had a nightmare that I missed my Aug. 17, 2019 birthday cruise with my best friend because I left my travel documents at home!  I woke up at 3 AM in actual tears and nearly hyperventilating.   Got out of bed placed all cruise docs in my travel safe and attached said safe to the luggage!  It was only 2 months prior to travel so no biggie right! ?

As all my cruising stress is on embarkation day, my recurring cruise "nightmares" deal with getting the family on the ship, children left at the terminal, lost children on the ship, can't find my cabin and watching the ship sail away without me.  Some how this happens all in one dream.

I'm sweating just thinking about those dreams.  ?

The forgotten passports is a recurring one for me. Here's my most weird one...to date anyway. It's embarkation day, and we get to our room. First odd thing is that our suite door is on the pool deck. DH takes a nap so I take the kids to explore the ship. It's really windy and rough as we sail away, but we keep walking forward where we find the helipad is more like a catamaran - you know, with the nets you can lay down on. We're really getting sprayed so we cross the nets to get to the port side and start to head to the aft of the ship, which is where we notice that we're not really in open water. It's more like a narrow canal, and the ship is really rocking now - Deadliest Catch style rocking over the giant waves. The ship goes into a tunnel as we reach the back and it breaks apart right in the middle. Somehow, the kids and I are left standing on dry land in this tunnel holding a shrunken back half of a ship (like a big model), and the front half is sailing away, all the water in the tunnel going with it. So we turn around and carry the shrunken back half of the ship back into the day light to try to find someone who can un-shrink all the passengers who are on this little ship. ?

Analyze away! 

2 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

The forgotten passports is a recurring one for me. Here's my most weird one...to date anyway. It's embarkation day, and we get to our room. First odd thing is that our suite door is on the pool deck. DH takes a nap so I take the kids to explore the ship. It's really windy and rough as we sail away, but we keep walking forward where we find the helipad is more like a catamaran - you know, with the nets you can lay down on. We're really getting sprayed so we cross the nets to get to the port side and start to head to the aft of the ship, which is where we notice that we're not really in open water. It's more like a narrow canal, and the ship is really rocking now - Deadliest Catch style rocking over the giant waves. The ship goes into a tunnel as we reach the back and it breaks apart right in the middle. Somehow, the kids and I are left standing on dry land in this tunnel holding a shrunken back half of a ship (like a big model), and the front half is sailing away, all the water in the tunnel going with it. So we turn around and carry the shrunken back half of the ship back into the day light to try to find someone who can un-shrink all the passengers who are on this little ship. ?

Analyze away! 

Holy crap !

11 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

So I should now know better than to fall asleep relistening to podcasts about cruising. I just had an “awful” nightmare where I somehow slept through pretty much all of the first 2 days of my cruise and only woke up at 4 am when nothing was going on. I started to panic when I realized that I missed both my Grease and Aquashow reservation as well as my Coco Cay cabana and that’s around when my alarm started blaring. So I know I can’t be alone here. Who else has had literal panic nightmares about cruising? Bonus points if they are low stakes but seemed like the worst thing in the world in the dream realm. 

The short list...

+ Can't find my stateroom...spent the entire cruise dragging my suitcase around looking for it
+ Can't get a drink...yet everyone else has one
+ Missed the ship leaving a nightmare port of call
+ Swimming after the ship as it left embarkation port
+ Can't find a deck chair...oh wait, that wasn't a dream
+ They took all my clothes during a Quest

4 minutes ago, Gears said:

+ Can't get a drink...yet everyone else has one

Well clearly THAT is the worst one on here!!! ?

6 minutes ago, Gears said:

They took all my clothes during a Quest

Lol I’m sure there’s been someone that hasn’t been a dream for too!