When to Book

BenM

My wife and I are sailing on Brilliance in 31 days out of Tampa! Here is my question, though. We like to go on an annual vacation with some friends each January, and we have decided that we want to cruise next January! Does it makes sense to book a sailing now, or are the on ship deals good enough to wait until we are on our sailing to book the next cruise? 

Thank you so much in advance!

23 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Waiting is almost always a mistake. Booking as early as possible will generally net the best price PLUS you will have time to reprice if a better price comes along.

This is awesome! If we were to find a better deal while on the sailing next month, could we just re book at that rate, or does it have to be an online only situation?

1 hour ago, BenM said:

This is awesome! If we were to find a better deal while on the sailing next month, could we just re book at that rate, or does it have to be an online only situation?

The Next Cruise folks cannot touch a booking that has already been made BUT there’s nothing to stop you from going to see Next Cruise and have them research whatever cruise you already booked.  If the deal is better than what you have, you could book with NC and then cancel your original booking.  Just be sure you book a refundable deposit the first time.

In most cases, the on-board deals are just a certain amount of on-board credit. The cruise price itself is the same whether you book on board or online. 

Normally I'd say book it as soon as you are sure you have your trip picked out. In this case, you are close enough that you could roll the dice that the price won't change dramatically between now and then and get the OBC. Just depends on how much you like to gamble. ?

20 hours ago, BenM said:

Does it makes sense to book a sailing now, or are the on ship deals good enough to wait until we are on our sailing to book the next cruise? 

Definitely book now, instead of waiting. Prices tend to go up over time, so I'd hate to see the extra onboard credit offset by a higher cruise fare.