Upgrade for Oasis - travel agency

NicoAr1984

Hi guys... a couple days ago I called my travel agency as I received several emails from RCCL with great (new) offers for balcony rooms in my sailing on Oasis March29. I asked the travel agent if I could upgrade with that new rate - as i made my resevations several months ago- but he told me i could ‘t do so as it was a different “promo code” than the one i used for my reservations...

is there any other way to do so? Because i’m really looking forward for an upgrade and my local travel agent won’t give me any solution or cheap fare to do so

Whatever is advertised online is the price you're "entitled" to (assuming similar cabin, etc) you would move from current promotion to new promotion.

Your travel agent is either misinformed, lazy, or describing why you're not eligible correctly. 

Did you go on to RCL's website and do a mock booking? If not do that and see if it would truly be lower. Sometimes, these sales seem better in the advertisement than execution... IE: marketing makes it seem better than it is, and you could be sitting on a better deal.

Good Luck and welcome to the forums.

12 minutes ago, NicoAr1984 said:

Hi guys... a couple days ago I called my travel agency as I received several emails from RCCL with great (new) offers for balcony rooms in my sailing on Oasis March29. I asked the travel agent if I could upgrade with that new rate - as i made my resevations several months ago- but he told me i could ‘t do so as it was a different “promo code” than the one i used for my reservations...

is there any other way to do so? Because i’m really looking forward for an upgrade and my local travel agent won’t give me any solution or cheap fare to do so

Perhaps your agent was telling you that if you reprice your booking (any repricing is essentially a cancellation and rebooking) you would lose your original booking promotions.  That is true.  But if you still want to upgrade and don't care about losing whatever original booking promotions you had, your agent should be able to do that for you.  This is true for North American booking rules.  Other locations have different booking rules.

Thank you very much to everyone for your super fast responses. I tried with a new booking and the price for the cabin I actually have increased by almost 100%. I guess i got a good deal when i made reservation back in November.

Balcony rooms are sold out and Suite rooms are out of budget really. I’ll take my chances with RoyalUp if available shortly.

Really excited by my first cruise ever!!