Cruise Planner Purchases

amille69

I'm taking that your cruise is next January. We went this past January and around September through November (Black Friday) is where we found the most discounted excursions. It can change throughout the year so I generally check weekly or whenever Royal starts the next "Deal" cycle. If you find something and you think it is a good deal, book it. "You can always cancel and re-book without penalty. For the January cruise I re-booked three times.

44 minutes ago, amille69 said:

Hi, our cruise is in late December.

How do I know when Royal starts the "deal" cycle?

Make sure you're getting RCL spam, check @Matt's blog (aka the main page here) as he'll always post latest and greatest sales, and just check cruise planner periodically.

Also, don't be afraid to purchase something now, if the price drops you can cancel and rebook with a few clicks of the mouse. I usually do it with a victory drink in hand ?

Recently it seems to me that the bookings that I have, that are more than 90 days in the future, are seeing very few price reductions on Cruise Planner items.  Only when my cruises get within 90-100 days do the "sales" seem to benefit me.  I think it will just be a waiting game if your cruise is 300 days away.  You can certainly abide by the rule that we all use here - go ahead and purchase now and reprice when the price drops.  The only downside to doing that is that it allows Royal to keep your money for a long time.

22 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Make sure you're getting RCL spam, check @Matt's blog (aka the main page here) as he'll always post latest and greatest sales, and just check cruise planner periodically.

I always try to post the Cruise Planner sales on the blog. 

They are always in this category if you prefer to periodically check here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/cruise-planner