Which Snorkel Gear To Choose

DublinFC

So not really an excursion question, but excursion related I guess.  We are looking at the possibility of buying our own snorkel equipment to take on our cruises.  Any suggestions on what to look into?  We are not going to use it a lot, so more for just vacation use.  Any suggestions to help us decide are appreciated.  

18 hours ago, DublinFC said:

So not really an excursion question, but excursion related I guess.  We are looking at the possibility of buying our own snorkel equipment to take on our cruises.  Any suggestions on what to look into?  We are not going to use it a lot, so more for just vacation use.  Any suggestions to help us decide are appreciated.  

The equipment needs to fit properly -- something you don't need to wrestle with. There are some newer styles that are worth checking out. On my older gear, the strap around the snorkel attachment keeps getting twisted.

I just purchased this mask Greatever G2 Full Face Snorkel... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VRHNSFD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I used it last week on my cruise and can 1000% recommend it. I felt like I could breathe easier than a traditional mask and snorkel, the field of view through the mask is also far superior to a traditional mask as well.

26 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

I just purchased this mask Greatever G2 Full Face Snorkel... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VRHNSFD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I used it last week on my cruise and can 1000% recommend it. I felt like I could breathe easier than a traditional mask and snorkel, the field of view through the mask is also far superior to a traditional mask as well.

I used a full face snorkel last year on a cruise excursion and I didn't like it at all.  Yes, the breathing was fine...it was the angle at which I had to hold my head that was the problem for me.  I felt like I had to hold my head up much further than I do with a regular snorkel.  Maybe it was just me or I was wearing it wrong....

On 2/25/2020 at 1:45 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I used a full face snorkel last year on a cruise excursion and I didn't like it at all.  Yes, the breathing was fine...it was the angle at which I had to hold my head that was the problem for me.  I felt like I had to hold my head up much further than I do with a regular snorkel.  Maybe it was just me or I was wearing it wrong....

@WAAAYTOOO like you, I did not care for the new full face snorkel.  I just couldn't find a happy medium with it.  Took daughter's boyfriend with me and he had a lot of trouble too.  Maybe our heads are shaped weird and @emsff02 isn't'???