Royal Up Program

Gwen

29 minutes ago, Gwen said:

I just received an email saying I can bid on a room upgrade on our 3/7 trip on IOS.  I've never bid on anything so not sure how this works.  Did anyone else got an e-mail for a upgrade offer

Thanks!!

Hey Gwen!  There have been numerous threads on the Royal Up program, all of which loaded with answers from cruisers both more experienced and eloquent than myself.  One of the largest and most diverse threads can be found here:

@Gwen, I was recently offered a Royal Up opportunity. I researched the cabins and bid on one that I would have desired in the beginning if not out of my reach. I was offered four and bid on one. Three of the bid opportunities expired and the one I bid on was pending, for days I watched.....only to be advised less then 12 hours before embarkation that my bid was not accepted. I like to book a cabin I would be incredibly happy in at the onset, and then I bid ONLY if I could see myself being happy spending the extra money upon "winning" I did like the Royal Up participation though, it did add extra excitement, albeit I did not "win" It was super fun, but do your homework, you do not want to "win" something you might not be happy in. So much better then standing in line at the DCL supervisors desk begging for even eye contact, have fun and enjoy your sailing.!

38 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@Gwen, I was recently offered a Royal Up opportunity. I researched the cabins and bid on one that I would have desired in the beginning if not out of my reach. I was offered four and bid on one. Three of the bid opportunities expired and the one I bid on was pending, for days I watched.....only to be advised less then 12 hours before embarkation that my bid was not accepted. I like to book a cabin I would be incredibly happy in at the onset, and then I bid ONLY if I could see myself being happy spending the extra money upon "winning" I did like the Royal Up participation though, it did add extra excitement, albeit I did not "win" It was super fun, but do your homework, you do not want to "win" something you might not be happy in. So much better then standing in line at the DCL supervisors desk begging for even eye contact, have fun and enjoy your sailing.!

Thank you, I'm going to do some reading up on it.  I'm so excited about getting some sunshine I ready don't care where my room is right now!!!haha!!

I usually book what my limited budget can swing without hurting. I have been offered royal up once before. I tossed a real low bid at a room to see if I'd get lucky but I didn't. This time a really good upgrade was available and I maxed out my bid because it would be a great upgrade and not remotely affordable otherwise...  

14 hours ago, Ben10 said:

I have tried to access the Royal Up process but every time I submit my details ie surname and booking reference I am asked to check if my details are correct.

Details are correct and cruise is within 30 days. ( stumped )

Could be just not offered for your cruise. Sometimes it's not ? 

Other option is your particular booking isn't able to participate -- some agency/group/industry deals are excluded

On 2/24/2020 at 10:09 PM, CraigG said:

We have been notified of "Royal-Up" opportunities for our last four cruises and won 2 of those opportunities. Our bids were considered weak. Always book a cabin you will be happy with. If you win an upgrade, look at it as a bonus. 

Batting .500!!! Nice! So how soon were you notified your bids were accepted? Day before cruise?

I just won a bid for a grand suite on Oasis today. I bumped the suggested offer up about $250/pp and received the congrats email a few hours ago. I was more conservative on the loft & aqua theatre (like $150.00/pp more) and was passed up on all of them. All in for a family of four it’s a worthy upgrade from a JS to GS. 

14 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I just won a bid for a grand suite on Oasis today. I bumped the suggested offer up about $250/pp and received the congrats email a few hours ago. I was more conservative on the loft & aqua theatre (like $150.00/pp more) and was passed up on all of them. All in for a family of four it’s a worthy upgrade from a JS to GS. 

Congratulations on the upgrade. When is your sailing? 

1 hour ago, SnickerTail said:

Symphony? 

Rhapsody. WAY smaller amount of upgrade availability....so just the fact that its been pending for a couple weeks is doing nothing but setting me up for disappointment. lol  My only sliver of hope, really, is that the hysteria and fear of, as @Ampurp85 calls it "beer virus", causes so many people to cancel cruises that I get that royal up! Fingers crossed.....

19 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

Rhapsody. WAY smaller amount of upgrade availability....so just the fact that its been pending for a couple weeks is doing nothing but setting me up for disappointment. lol  My only sliver of hope, really, is that the hysteria and fear of, as @Ampurp85 calls it "beer virus", causes so many people to cancel cruises that I get that royal up! Fingers crossed.....

On our cruise there are available rooms now, all the way from interior guarantee to one of the Star Loft suites, where everything was showing as "sold out" for months, so part of me really thinks it might be possible to get a positive response on Royal Up. The families we're traveling with don't even have official room assignments yet (one with interior guarantee, one with balcony guarantee), so maybe whoever is doing the math on our cruise is on vacation.

1 hour ago, VinceC said:

Does the Royal UP program ever offer a 1 Bedroom Grand Suite if it is available?  An if so, What would the minimum bid be?  Approximately?

Yes. I believe this is based on many factors including ship, cruise length & time of year. I just won a 1BR GS on an Oasis class 7 day sailing and the starting bid was $750 x 2. Obviously your chances are not great at minimum bid so your gonna have to kick it up a bit closer to $1000 x 2 to win. 

@Beth Davis, My Royal Up bid was pending until 1830hrs the evening before embarkation! At that time they sent a communication stating my bid was not accepted, literally 15 hours before sailing. Hold on tight, sending pixie dust your way. Okay maybe not pixie, but you get it! Have an amazing sailing, 120 days out for me, ho hum!!!

Good Vibes Dancing GIF by Fleischer Studios