Pre-Cruise All Digital Photo Package

We are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas in afew months. I have seen that on the Cruise Planner you can purchase a "All Digital Photo Package". On the terms it mentions that it doesnt include some photos (Static Photos of the ship, Characters, ports of call etc). I dont like the etc bit as they can then pick and choose what photos you can have. 

Has anyone purchased this photo package before, do you know what photos are included and which ones arnt? 

Many Thanks, 

We've purchased this package a few times. Included:

Embarkation day pictures in the terminal and also you can sometimes find them as you get on the ship.

There is usually a photographer roaming the top decks at sail

Backdrop stations set up around the ship around dinner times every night (will not be set up on the last night)

Roaming photographers in the MDR

On the pier at port stops (usually with a guy in a sombrero or a pirate or just the family with a life preserver with the ship's name on it. 

Not included: 

I believe some ships have a photography studio which is extra.

Photos the roaming photographers take in the specialty restaurants.

Photographers don't go on excursions with you.

Royal used to offer the DreamWorks experience and I don't think photos with the characters (Shrek, King Julian, etc) were included. We didn't bring our kids when that program was active, so not 100%. It's a moot point though since they don't offer it anymore. 

You can always ask the photographer if the pictures he is taking is included in the package, but most are. We get the package when the whole family is going, and we hit up every photographer. We have some great pictures! DH  and I are going without the kids in May, and we'll just pick and choose what we want on the ship.

On the last night, or a couple times during the cruise, go to one of the kiosks in the picture area and check to make sure all your pictures are in your account. If any are missing talk to an attendant, and they can add them. Our embarkation photos were missing on our last cruise. These are the ones I was really interested in because it was my MIL'S birthday and we did the matching shirt thing. It just took a couple minutes for them to be added. You will get an email with a link to your pictures a few days after the cruise. 

1 hour ago, melmar02 said:

We've purchased this package a few times. Included:

Embarkation day pictures in the terminal and also you can sometimes find them as you get on the ship.

There is usually a photographer roaming the top decks at sail

Backdrop stations set up around the ship around dinner times every night (will not be set up on the last night)

Roaming photographers in the MDR

On the pier at port stops (usually with a guy in a sombrero or a pirate or just the family with a life preserver with the ship's name on it. 

Not included: 

I believe some ships have a photography studio which is extra.

Photos the roaming photographers take in the specialty restaurants.

Photographers don't go on excursions with you.

Royal used to offer the DreamWorks experience and I don't think photos with the characters (Shrek, King Julian, etc) were included. We didn't bring our kids when that program was active, so not 100%. It's a moot point though since they don't offer it anymore. 

You can always ask the photographer if the pictures he is taking is included in the package, but most are. We get the package when the whole family is going, and we hit up every photographer. We have some great pictures! DH  and I are going without the kids in May, and we'll just pick and choose what we want on the ship.

On the last night, or a couple times during the cruise, go to one of the kiosks in the picture area and check to make sure all your pictures are in your account. If any are missing talk to an attendant, and they can add them. Our embarkation photos were missing on our last cruise. These are the ones I was really interested in because it was my MIL'S birthday and we did the matching shirt thing. It just took a couple minutes for them to be added. You will get an email with a link to your pictures a few days after the cruise. 

Hi Melmar02,

That is brilliant, thank you very much for your response. Gives me more comfort that its worth us getting the package ?

Last cruise we had to buy two photos on their own and it was crazy expensive along with the packages sold onboard, crazy expensive. Buying one of these all digital packages precruise is around £130. So if all these photos are included it would be well worth the payment. 

Many Thanks,