Bringing your own chair for pool?

Smurfy

7 minutes ago, Smurfy said:

I've read many places that chairs by the pool are hard to come by because people save them. Would I be allowed to bring my own fold up chair instead? I've attached a pic to show what kind I'm referring to. 

chair.JPG

I would call Royal Caribbean customer service and inquire. I don't think you're allowed to carry that on the ship but it's always good to double-check.

3 hours ago, Smurfy said:

I've read many places that chairs by the pool are hard to come by because people save them. Would I be allowed to bring my own fold up chair instead? I've attached a pic to show what kind I'm referring to. 

chair.JPG

There are tons of chairs.  They just may not be in the shade or right near the pool.  There are lounge chairs on several decks.

1 hour ago, RCVoyager said:

There are tons of chairs.  They just may not be in the shade or right near the pool.  There are lounge chairs on several decks.

YES! We love heading AFT for a little peace and quiet, and plenty of chairs! When we want to be closer to the fun, usually the deck above pool (jogging track) has some available chairs.

There are plenty of chairs, loungers. Virtually every place that is suitable for one or the other has one. That means IF people were to start bringing their own, the only place to put it would be in a walkway or some spot that would only add congestion.

Everyone's desire is different. Some want shade, some want sun, some want to be in the middle of the 'action', some want peace and quiet, some what to be at the bar or near food. If your desire is that strong, then go where you want early and 'stake it out'. Don't expect to reserve something all day and not use it. Be reasonable. Putting a towel on a chair and going for a bite to eat is reasonable assuming you come back in short order. Don't expect to get a seat in the middle of the 'action' 5 minutes in advance.

If I really intended to spend most of the day poolside, I never had a problem getting a seat somewhere suitable if I claimed it by 10am or so. If it is a Sea Day, it can be more crowded so go early. That's not to say you will not find seating somewhere, it just may not be where you would like. Be polite, be courteous and be early to get a location you want.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:49 PM, Smurfy said:

chair.JPG

Don't do it.  Yes people hog some chairs but you will always find chairs and you will be surprised to find them in places you will probably enjoy more than you would in the crowded spaces.   Go on Youtube and take a look at one of the videos featuring a tour of your ship and that should ease your mind.