2 New Voom Pkg's

I am a little bit upset, 😡 because I prepaid for Voom on my Cruise for Allure OTS, on 5-15-16 BEFORE there was two different plans.

So what does that mean for me?

I want to make sure, I don't get jipped on not having the Voom Surf + Stream, because I plan on Periscoping.

Of Course when I called Royal Caribbean, the girl had no clue that there was two different Internet packages, so I'm gonna have to wait, and call back tomorrow, when the office I need to speak with are open. In cruise planner, so they can look at my reservation see what I bought. 😡

I am a little bit upset, because I prepaid for Voom on my Cruise for Allure OTS, on 5-15-16 BEFORE there was two different plans.

So what does that mean for me?

I want to make sure, I don't get jipped on not having the Voom Surf + Stream, because I plan on Periscoping.

Of Course when I called Royal Caribbean, the girl had no clue that there was two different Internet packages, so I'm gonna have to wait, and call back tomorrow, when the office I need to speak with are open. In cruise planner, so they can look at my reservation see what I bought.

I would like to think since you purchased before they offered different levels of VOOM packages that you would have the surf and stream package. It will be interesting to hear what they tell you.

I noticed on my Liberty of the Seas sailing they are now offering the VOOM packages whereas before it was just the regular wifi. Perhaps Liberty's wifi has been upgraded

Welcome home Bill.  I'm surprised you're still speaking to us lowly RCCL bloggers now that you are a big bad Pinnacle. 

:P :P

Congratulations.  What an achievement.  I know you worked hard to get there.  Well done

...so there is a "less-than-full" version of Voom ?  First I"ve heard of that one !

That was according to the Hotel Director on the Liberty.  Something about the positioning of the satellites giving a stronger signal on the east coast than they do the further west you go. I am just the messenger.  But either way it will be better than what we usually get, I am hoping.  Will find out in July when we go again. 

Update: so I spoke with a representative from Royal Caribbean's cruise planner. They said, because I prepaid the Voom Internet package, when it was just ONE package, I Will be able to do all things, including stream video!!

I prepaid because, it was buy one device, get the second device half off. When there was just ONE Voom package, so I could stream for Periscope.

Welcome home Bill.  I'm surprised you're still speaking to us lowly RCCL bloggers now that you are a big bad Pinnacle. 

:P :P

Congratulations.  What an achievement.  I know you worked hard to get there.  Well done

...so there is a "less-than-full" version of Voom ?  First I"ve heard of that one !

Can't forget my roots Matt. I was diamond plus for 7 years.

Just a word of warning.  It looks like Voom is being offered through the Cruise Planner for ships that don't have Voom and aren't likely to get Voom anytime soon, so you may not want to get your hopes up unless it has been previously announced that Voom was coming to your ship.

Really. 

How hard is it to keep a spreadsheet that is 26 lines long and has 2 columns that say VOOM "Yes" and VOOM "NO" ?

As a ship gets VOOM and they know it's working ok....the check mark moves from NO to YES and then you start selling it on that ship.

MY GOD what is going on at RCI ?  It's astounding, the utter incompetence !