Enchantment of the Seas

Jmariehyman

Looking for information on Enchantment of the Seas ship? Thinking about booking Canada/New England cruise from Baltimore next year. What shape or condition is the ship in! I know she's an older ship, but is she clean and well maintained? Been seeing comments that she's really rusty. Any information or tips much appreciated!

There are definitely some signs of her age showing. I would say that most of that are on the exterior of the ship. Most of the interior areas are fine. You wouldn’t notice it unless you were looking with a fine tooth comb. Obviously there’s less of the flashy type of things to do like water slides and specialty restaurants. I sailed on her last July and will be on her again this coming June. She’s a great ship and I had a great experience. 

We sailed on her out of Galveston in January for 5 days and are booked for a 7 day cruise in September to the Eastern Caribbean. I really enjoyed sailing on Enchantment. The layout of the ship was very good IMO and the ship's interior was quite attractive. The exterior does show signs of age although the crew was painting at every port. Specialty dining is limited but we enjoyed the MDR, Entertainment, ship layout and decor and thought the crew was quite hospitable. That is why we have already booked her again for September. I would not hesitate to book Enchantment if the price and itinerary are what you are looking for.

Enchantment is a Vision Class, but she stands apart from the others. Some time ago the ship was sent to dry dock for a refurbishment.  During that time the ship was CUT IN HALF.  A new 90' section was added in the middle of the ship.  You will notice on the pool deck a "flying bridge' on both sides of the ship. Inside the Centrum in different than the others.  They also added a Boleros Lounge.  She is a great ship and the one we have sailed on the most.  Do not hesitate to book her!!  Here is a video I made while on board.

https://youtu.be/J1whgEVsvq0

Here is the video of the ship cut in half in dry dock

https://youtu.be/lKDA8GgBSIM

We sail out on Monday on the Enchantment and I am so ready I could die. I started a pre-cruise live blog on here so I could obsess over it easier 

(eek, sorry about the extreme close up ...)

Thank you for the videos - I can't get enough of them!

Oh, and please do post all about your Canada/New England trip - how gorgeous does that sound?!