Access to Staterooms

We are bringing my family on a 7 night on Freedom next month. I booked a balcony and an inside stateroom directly across the corridor. RC required an adult over 21 to be booked in each room, so I am booked with my 15 year old son in the balcony room, and my wife is booked in the inside room with my 20 year old and 18 year old daughters. Will guest services enable my wife to access the balcony room with her inside room sea pass card, or will we have to play card shuffle the entire cruise? Does anyone have any ideas as to how we could have configured our room arrangement differently short of booking connecting balcony rooms.

When you get on the ship, go to Guest Services and ask for a sea pass card that says "Extra Key".  It will not be good for charges or getting off the ship, just to get into the second room.  You can each get one.

Good tip!

I have the exact issue coming up on the Adventure.  I wonder if the cabin steward will save you a trip Guest Services?

I don't think the Room Attendant can issue new key cards and/or change existing ones to access other rooms.

They will certainly grant you access via their card if they are around, but you cannot bet on that.

We went on a Voyager cruise with my 3 daughters, 20, 17, and 15 years old, and when we checked in we put them in the inside room by themselves with their own sea pass cards and we stayed in the balcony room with our own sea pass cards.  At check in they did not say one word about the girls being in one room and us being in another.  

I know this was answered already, however, my recent cruise consisted of 16 family and friends and 2 staterooms were booked with both occupants being under 21. Although I know it is posted that there must be someone 21 in each room, i'm not entirely sure how strict they are with that policy since we had TWO staterooms occupied with people under 21. 

You will not have a problem. In the worst case they could say you need to have a adult in each cabin (do not believe it will happen).  But this is only on paper, Royal does not do a bed check to see if you are in the cabin.  On paper a adult may be listed in the cabin but in fact everyone can be under age. The only issue is if children are out after curfew, and security finds them they will bring them to the cabin and asked for the adult.  Happen to my friend on a Christmas cruise his son was sitting on the bench at the heliport watching stars, security found him and went to his father cabin at 3:15 am.