Seapass cash account

sirdaniel

Hi, seen a few conflicting responses to this online so thought I'd ask once and for all about settling the Seapass account with cash. Do we have to put down a cash deposit if we are settling with cash, if not, can we anyway? What's the minimum/maximum if applicable? Thanks in advance!

Just now, shaydav19 said:

Max is $500. If you don’t put cash or credit card on account then your sea pass will not work anywhere 

Thanks - so I could put down say $200 at the start of the cruise cash and then apply the credit/debit card at a later date if necessary? (Have no reason to think we'll go over 200 as we have pre-paid gratuities and the drinks package, excursions and dining package are all paid for). 

10 hours ago, sirdaniel said:

Thanks - so I could put down say $200 at the start of the cruise cash and then apply the credit/debit card at a later date if necessary? (Have no reason to think we'll go over 200 as we have pre-paid gratuities and the drinks package, excursions and dining package are all paid for). 

yes you can.  Keep in mind if you haven't pre-paid gratuities they will be charged daily $14.50 per person per day or 17.50 pp pd, for suites.  Bon Voyage!

11 hours ago, sirdaniel said:

Hi, seen a few conflicting responses to this online so thought I'd ask once and for all about settling the Seapass account with cash. Do we have to put down a cash deposit if we are settling with cash, if not, can we anyway? What's the minimum/maximum if applicable? Thanks in advance!

You don't have to put down any deposit for a cash account.  However once you hit the spend threshold set for your cruise (should be $500 for a 7-day), you will have to settle up at Guest Services for them to turn on your charging privileges again.  

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

You don't have to put down any deposit for a cash account.  However once you hit the spend threshold set for your cruise (should be $500 for a 7-day), you will have to settle up at Guest Services for them to turn on your charging privileges again.  

Yeah I'd read about the 500, there just seemed to be conflict over whether or not I have to put a deposit down - thanks!

Just now, sirdaniel said:

Yeah I'd read about the 500, there just seemed to be conflict over whether or not I have to put a deposit down - thanks!

I always set up as a cash account when I check in because I'm usually not decided on which credit card I want to use that far out from sailing.  Never had to put up a deposit..I just went during the cruise with my credit card of choice and had Guest Services link it up to my account.

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

I always set up as a cash account when I check in because I'm usually not decided on which credit card I want to use that far out from sailing.  Never had to put up a deposit..I just went during the cruise with my credit card of choice and had Guest Services link it up to my account.

With having already pre-paid and booked everything, I just cannot imagine spending much other than souvenirs onboard and I'd much rather use cash to avoid the debit card hold too (I don't use credit cards).

9 minutes ago, sirdaniel said:

With having already pre-paid and booked everything, I just cannot imagine spending much other than souvenirs onboard and I'd much rather use cash to avoid the debit card hold too (I don't use credit cards).

I do apologize if I gave the wrong info!

Just now, shaydav19 said:

I do apologize if I gave the wrong info!

With the push to checking in online and streamlining the process to get on the ship, they don't really want to deal with collecting cash deposits at check-in.  Basically they'll give everyone a small line of credit now and those paying in cash get to deal with Guest Services at some point to sort it all out.  You definitely can't leave the ship without settling up your account.  It makes everything run very smoothly for getting onto the ship.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

So with a cash account, they lock your account once spend up to that threshold? And is it 500 for every cruise or would it be less for a shorter trip (5 nights, for example)

26 minutes ago, SC2020 said:

So with a cash account, they lock your account once spend up to that threshold? And is it 500 for every cruise or would it be less for a shorter trip (5 nights, for example)

Yup.  They disable your charging privileges.  I want to say it's $200 or so for the shorter cruises..much lower threshold.

You do not have to put a deposit down. 5 night cruise charging limit is $300 before they suspend charging privileges. We always do a cash account and have never had to put down money ahead of time. We usually go to guest services sometime the last day of the cruise and pay whatever the bill is. We also don't charge enough to go over their limit for cash accounts. 

10 hours ago, Lilcruiser said:

You do not have to put a deposit down. 5 night cruise charging limit is $300 before they suspend charging privileges. We always do a cash account and have never had to put down money ahead of time. We usually go to guest services sometime the last day of the cruise and pay whatever the bill is. We also don't charge enough to go over their limit for cash accounts. 

Ah thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I can't imagine spending that much on board as we have drinks package, excursions booked, gratuities are pre-paid and we have three night dining package. So surely just souvenirs right?