Take Out at Izumi????

TomBryant

My wife has some severe food allergies. Royal is always helpful to prepare variations on regular dishes in MDR.

But, we haven't had that good of luck at the specialty dining locations. We have the same problem on land based restaurants. So we seldom eat out either on land or sea.

I love sushi. She can't eat anything at Izumi. On the other hand I can and would eat everything there.

So my question is can I get take out for lunch at Izumi? 

51 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You can get take out at Izumi any time they are open.  Their lunch hours tend to vary.

Wait, reallllly? I didn't know you could do takeout....so if I go there and order what I want for dinner I can take it back to my room? This could make me very happy. Do you happen to know if Chops does it too?

5 hours ago, ellcee said:

Wait, reallllly? I didn't know you could do takeout....so if I go there and order what I want for dinner I can take it back to my room? This could make me very happy. Do you happen to know if Chops does it too?

I did Izumi right at 5pm dinner opening..stowed it in the room "cooler" that looks like a fridge..ate it as a midnight snack.  Funny they sat me to wait and brought me edamame to eat while I waited too ?

I also hit up Chops..I made a solo reservation and popped in and asked if I could get the food to go.  They tried so, so, so hard to sell me into sitting down and having the full meal but I stood my ground and seriously 5 minutes later had a piping hot filet on a plate with a room service plastic lid on it..and a roll of silverware with a honking steak knife.

1 hour ago, ellcee said:

I don't mind solo dining

I hate the time suck of sitting through specialty dinners.  I love the food but I'm not one for a long drawn out meal.  I'd much prefer to take out food and enjoy it on my own time in my own way.  The UDP was great for me with this because I got to order only what I wanted to eat and not feel like I was wasting a dining credit.  I tried to make sure I made a reservation for when I was going to drop in to at least be accounted for.  Gave me a bit more leverage to ask for the food to go ?