Is bug spray needed?

Quilter620

At the beginning of March, I am cruising to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas,  Punta Canna, and Grand Bahamas. Should I pack bug spray and plan to wear it in the ports? In St. Thomas and Grand Bahamas we plan to just walk around the port. We are doing the chocolate, rum, and shopping excursion in Punta Canna and the Let's have some rum excursion I. Puerto Rico. Thanks for the advice. 

I've been to St. Thomas and Puerto Rico a few times and never needed bug spray. In Puerto Rico we have walked around and did the forts, the Bacardi tour, a mall, and stayed once pre-cruise. In St. Thomas it's usually a beach day at either Magens Bay or Sapphire and ALWAYS end the day at Paradise Point. 

For a point of reference, during the summer months, the NY mosquito's love my sweet Irish blood.

15 hours ago, Quilter620 said:

At the beginning of March, I am cruising to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas,  Punta Canna, and Grand Bahamas. Should I pack bug spray and plan to wear it in the ports? In St. Thomas and Grand Bahamas we plan to just walk around the port. We are doing the chocolate, rum, and shopping excursion in Punta Canna and the Let's have some rum excursion I. Puerto Rico. Thanks for the advice. 

We only used insect spray for forest and jungle areas, which you don't appear to be visiting.    Concur with other posts.  If you ever go on a cruise involving jungle/river boat rides, take the spray just in case.