New England/Canada Cruise - Few questions.

First of all, thank you very much to all the extremely helpful people on this site.  It is very much appreciated.

We are booked on the June 4th New England/Canada cruise on Adventure of the Sea.  It is just my wife and myself.  So, just a couple of excursion questions...

- Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor, Maine) - Worth seeing?

- Peggy's Cove (Halifax, Nova Scotia) - Worth seeing?

- For both of these, is it necessary to book the RCI excursion?  Or can you just catch an Uber/taxi at the dock to these locations and back?

Thanks. ?

5 hours ago, SeanAndShelley said:

First of all, thank you very much to all the extremely helpful people on this site.  It is very much appreciated.

We are booked on the June 4th New England/Canada cruise on Adventure of the Sea.  It is just my wife and myself.  So, just a couple of excursion questions...

- For both of these, is it necessary to book the RCI excursion?  Or can you just catch an Uber/taxi at the dock to these locations and back?

Thanks. ?

Both are musts, if you ask me.

The one thing I would say about Peggy's Cove is that I would suggest taking an excursion that just focused the trip at Peggy's Cove. We took an all day excursion with multiple spots and only got about 45min at Peggy's cove when we could have easily spent 3hrs there. I'm not sure about a taxi/Uber, we took an excursion through RC and if I recall it's at least a 45-60min drive.

Acadia is absolutely breathtaking with a lot of different excursion options. There is a bike rental Pedego Electric Bikes  right in town that has like half day electric bike rentals for like $60. Might be an option for you took explore the park on your own, if that's your kind of thing.

Happy cruising!

6 hours ago, SeanAndShelley said:

Thanks. ?

We're doing these ports on a 9 night in July.  We are doing both those excursions and we booked it through Royal.

After much research and help from many here, for Bar Harbor, we booked the Ultimate Island Experience.  We picked this one because it's a smaller group and it still leaves us time in the afternoon to explore on our own.

For Halifax, we booked "Halifax Highlights and Peggy's Cove".  Again we liked this one since it would take us out to Peggy's Cove but it's only half a day and that gives us time in downtown Halifax, which we want.

@SeanAndShelley

Peggy's Cove is a one hour drive with no traffic, so it can take a little longer.  It is approximately 50m from the port.  It is worth the trip, most likely be cheaper as an excursion where it is only 2 people.

Cape Breton is Beautiful place and Acadia National Park is well worth it.  Rental Cars in North Sydney where you dock or sometimes have to tender are very scarce that time of the year, so if you were going to book a rental I would do it in advance, not difficult to find your way around but less stressful by doing a excursion.

Can not help with Bar Harbour I have not been there.