Excursion cancelled with no notification

Cat mom

Noticed one of my excursion was missing from my order history on cruise planner today.  Called royal customer service was told excursion is no longer being offered and my card credit is being credited, no email sent.  I booked on Black Friday for a great price now if I want a different excursion in that port I have to pay full price not happy.

@Cat mom Hmmm maybe they were hoping to figure something else out before you noticed. I had this happen on my UK cruise/group tour. The vendor who handled the bookings went out of business and the company was in the process of getting us another when people started noticing, so they wanted refunds. We received a snarky letter along the lines of "we hoped to have resolved this without you noticing, etc." Those people who jumped the gun, ended up paying more because they jumped on another excursion. I still ended up touring a whiskey distillery, Grouse, and I paid a little less. What if today was the day it happened or just yesterday? You might have called before Royal had the chance to figure out what happened.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It's quite possible that the vendor who led the tour went out of business or there was some other issue out of Royal's control.

I haven’t looked at cruise planner for a few day so I don’t know when it was cancelled and the rep couldn’t tell me  He did say that a refund Was already sent to my credit card so I don’t they were working on a plan B but that would have been nice. Glad it worked out for you.

1 minute ago, Cat mom said:

Finally got some clarification this morning it seems there’s been “ a Mass Cancellation of excursions on my sailing” At least seven excursions have been canceled I think somethings up will be a bit surprised in my next email is an itinerary change.

Where were you sailing to?

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've always received an email when Royal cancels an excursion.  Two cruises in 2020 so far and both had an excursion drop at some point in 2019.  No idea why you didn't get an email.  

Your speaking of excursions you specifically booked or just excursions that were being offered?

at least you found out before your cruise. Because of hurricane Dorian last summer, our itinerary got switched all around. Thats fine. they said our excursions were still running. On my birthday no less, we got off the boat, went to the meeting spot at the end of the pier and were THEN told that the excursion was cancelled. I have to admit. I cried. We boared the ship and found the group leaders of the cruise (they had private tours set up everywhere) and hopped in with them. but man did it suck to get absolutely no notice!!