Ship tour

FloatMe

I am curious. I will be sailing on Allure in October and will be purchasing the ship tour for my father and I. My question is, where do they list it on "cruise planner"? Is it listed as an activity, entertainment, or shore excursion? Last time we did one it was free and listed as a shore excursion but that was 10 years ago. I know it is costly now but my dad is a retired engineer and I think it will be worth every penny to him on an Oasis class ship. The other question would be, Does anyone know when they usually make this available for purchase?

I highly recommend the tour. We did it once and your father will love the areas that few get to see such as the engine room (if not actually IN the engine room, at least allowed to peak in) the laundry, the garbage and recycling, cold storage, crew areas, galleys, and of course, the bridge.

I do not believe that we booked this before boarding I think we found out about it and booked after boarding. I just can't remember.

Enjoy !

I've done the ship tours before and found them to be really nice. The tour seems to be offered one time per cruise on a sea day and is limited to about 15 people. While the tours I took did not take you into the engine room itself you do go into the engine control room. Really nice tour that I always enjoy. When you get to the bridge part of the tour some of  the Upper level C & A members will be joining in for the bridge tour only. So the number on the bridge part goes from 15 to double or more. But still not rushed and a get way to spend a few hours.

I have seen it listed in my cruise planner and you can purchase before boarding. If you do not pre purchase just go to guest services the first or second day of the cruise and book. They did require long pants for the last tour I took. Also if they do not have enough people they can cancel so better to book early. 

Thanks for reminding me, Todd.  I had forgotten this little tidbit in my write-up.

When Dan and I took this tour, we were the only ones who signed up !  ...and they did the tour with just us, anyway.  It turned out to be a wonderful piece of luck for us b/c as an added bonus, we got to go to the Captain's Quarters.  I'm sure they would not normally do this but (without making this into a very long story) there was something on the Captain's personal computer that he wanted to show Dan.

So, while it is posted quite clearly that they require a minimum number of people to do this tour, in some situations (apparently) they will go forward even with just a couple of people.

It made this tour even more special b/c it was like a private ship tour - well, actually, EXACTLY like a private ship tour.  REALLY worth the money, IMO.

PS.  The Captain's quarters (this was on the Radiance) are very nice.  Big, but no balcony.  What ???