New Stay Awhile Program?

FManke

This the first time I have seen this listed as an option under the excursions on our cruise planner. Has anyone ever experienced it? It doesn't give a whole lot of details as to times and such. It's basically what would be equivalent to a late check out in a hotel. It's currently listed for our cruise at $44pp.

2 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

You don't mention where you are cruising.  I've never heard of Stay Awhile being offered on a US cruise but it is offered in Europe (not sure if every cruise or just some).

Sorry. Greek Isles Oct 2020. Why would there be a difference? All the ships would be on the same time schedule with the same constraints?

34 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I've never heard of Stay Awhile being offered on a US cruise but it is offered in Europe (not sure if every cruise or just some).

This will be our first time sailing in Europe, but in the cruise planner it did mention that it was a "new" program and I haven't heard anybody ever mention it before here.

1 hour ago, FManke said:

Sorry. Greek Isles Oct 2020. Why would there be a difference? All the ships would be on the same time schedule with the same constraints?

In the US, customs laws/regulations mean they can't board any new guests until all the old guests are off the ship.  (That even includes guests that are continuing on for the next cruise.)

43 minutes ago, FManke said:

This will be our first time sailing in Europe, but in the cruise planner it did mention that it was a "new" program and I haven't heard anybody ever mention it before here.

There's other threads.  Just put "Stay Awhile" in the search box!

8 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

In the US, customs laws/regulations mean they can't board any new guests until all the old guests are off the ship.  (That even includes guests that are continuing on for the next cruise.)

There's other threads.  Just put "Stay Awhile" in the search box!

I can't believe I haven't read every thread here! ? Thanks!

this option is only available for European sailings.  on recent  European sailing heard from other passengers it wasnt worth it because you still had to leave cabin in morning on disembarkation day and limited timeframe for stay awhile.  plus if you had carry ons etc be prepared to drag them around.  its better to get off ship and enjoy more of the region while you have the opportunity.  just think what you could in the region that day for price being charged for stay awhile option and capture those last minute memories.

This was an option last year when I debarked from Serenade of the Seas in Stockholm.  I didn't use it as a little internet research I found a luggage hold facility at the bus station that cost a fraction of Stay Awhile and this allowed me to have another half day sightseeing.  

Try searching for Nanny Bags - I've used them for luggage storage around Europe including London and Paris. 

This was an option when we disembarked in Barcelona.  You still have to vacate your room but you can stay on the ship for an extended period. 

I had the Key and it was kind of the same thing.  We were on the ship until 11:30, then they walked us off the ship onto a waiting bus to bring us to the terminal where we departed from on day one. It was great because by the time we left the ship it was time to head to the airport for our afternoon flight.

2 hours ago, KenCP said:

This was an option when we disembarked in Barcelona.  You still have to vacate your room but you can stay on the ship for an extended period. 

I had the Key and it was kind of the same thing.  We were on the ship until 11:30, then they walked us off the ship onto a waiting bus to bring us to the terminal where we departed from on day one. It was great because by the time we left the ship it was time to head to the airport for our afternoon flight.

I didn't realized that this was part of The Key? I purchased the key for our upcoming Greek Isle cruise, got it for $16.99, but it didn't list that as one of the inclusions. We have a 1pm flight, so we couldn't linger too long, but we wouldn't have to race off the ship either.

@FManke I did not know either but when I went to customer service the night before to ask about the procedure because it was not clear, they told me to go have breakfast and come get someone to walk us off the ship when we were ready. after breakfast we went to Cafe Promenade had iced coffee chatted with crew members, captain walked by greeted us.  We just sat back and watch the madness happen for awhile.  iI was a little chaotic as the ship was docked in another area of Barcelona so people were in a panic.  We had to be bussed back to the World Trade Centre and not to the terminal.