Guacamole Class on Oasis

Mikeb1892

We did the Guac class on Harmony on the 1/26/20 sailing just a few weeks ago. We booked three of us, including our son, who LOVES guacamole. We were a bit disappointed to find out that the class isn't participation at all, it's basically a demonstration. No one from the class will actually make guac, you'll watch the waiter at your table make it, and then they give you the recipe to take home after. You do get all the guac, a great meal and a margarita out of it, so for the fee it's still worth it in that sense. Had I paid more attention to the description I probably would have known this going in to it, so I don't blame Royal at all, we had just hoped it was something different and didn't realize it. 

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Honestly, I could teach them a thing or 2 about making guacamole.  I find their guac to be bland.  I MAKE THE BEST GUAC !!  LOL

?

I see a gap in your upcoming cruises between May and September...  Perhaps you'd like to join the 7-18 Oasis sailing?  I'm sure we could find some others that could benefit from your expertise!  

22 minutes ago, nhilding10 said:

We were a bit disappointed to find out that the class isn't participation at all, it's basically a demonstration. No one from the class will actually make guac, you'll watch the waiter at your table make it, and then they give you the recipe to take home after. 

Well this is disappointing.  Thanks for the info and heads up though.

1 hour ago, nhilding10 said:

We were a bit disappointed to find out that the class isn't participation at all, it's basically a demonstration.

I find this odd. Our experience with this on Freedom was completely the opposite. Each group/couple had all of the ingredients in separate containers on the table while the server/instructor gave tips on how to utilize the different ingredients to suit our tastes.

He also tutored us on making some superb Margaritas and print outs of the guacamole and margarita recipes were provided after the included lunch.

All in all, it was a very good experience.