Customer Service after Empress cancellation

lb0336

Raye,

Teri doesn't think that is what it is. Teri was so funny in her email to me, she said Tracy had a bucket and put $1034 in this bucket, but realized the numbers weren't coming out right, so she took a second bucket and put the $84.80 (Teri's commission) in that bucket. I then mentioned that no one had said anything about my $35 payment for Chops Grille, so Tracy started a third bucket and put $35 in it. I told Teri, that no offense, but I think Tracy's 3 buckets had holes in them.

Teri said she will get all money coming to me or she will die trying, Gosh I hope not. On another note, I received a $26 refund from RCCL on Friday, but didn't charge anything that cost $26 or adds up to $26 so Teri and I don't know what this refund is for. Maybe Tracy needs to start a fourth bucket with $26 in it. I don't know, all I do know is I am terribly confused.

How is your reservation going? I cancelled my air but haven't booked the new one yet. Waiting for the first of the month and I will book air and then attempt to get a refund for the cancellation fee from RCCL. Good luck on getting it in a reasonable amount of time.

Candie

Mine is all settled. Everything except for the $400 in airline change fees that RCI owes me from the 2 cancellations.

In retrospect, I might have done better by cancelling my airfare and booking something brand new (I can always use a RT to Miami for something) but I was afraid that RCI would not reimburse me unless I could verify a change fee...So I changed the flights and it ended up costing me more than $1k.

Other than that, we are happy with the rebooking on the Freedom. I think it will be a far superior cruise than the one on Empress would have been.

I'm a little spoiled. We haven't been in a non-[real] suite in a while so I may miss the suites perks....but I'll manage.

For all the stress and frustration, I think the outcome is about as good as one could expect. The airfare thing blows but the cruise itself is an upgrade...all except for the Owners Suite vs Jr Suite.

I'm going to put it all behind me and look forward.