7 nights on Oasis or 9 on Adventure? Please help me before I drive myself crazy!

Smurfy

I have a 7 night Bahamian cruise on Oasis of the Seas booked for the beginning of June. While checking prices, I found a 9 night early June Canada/New England Cruise on Adventure of the Seas for about $550 cheaper. It will be me and my 2 kids (12 and 16). I know Adventure is a lot smaller than Oasis, but I'm torn, and keep going back and forth. Either itinerary would be ok with me. Part of me feels more comfortable that AoS  ports are in the US and Canada, but another part of me would like to see Coco Cay. Then I think that the weather might be nice (milder) with the AoS cruise, but think we can experience more new things in the Bahamas. As you can see, I am indecisive. For one positive I come up with for one, I come up with one for the other. Same with negatives. 

Has anyone been on both ships or done both itineraries? This will be our first ever cruise. I have a refundable deposit, so I won't loose any money to switch.

Please help! ?

6 hours ago, Smurfy said:

I have a 7 night Bahamian cruise on Oasis of the Seas booked for the beginning of June. While checking prices, I found a 9 night early June Canada/New England Cruise on Adventure of the Seas for about $550 cheaper. It will be me and my 2 kids (12 and 16). I know Adventure is a lot smaller than Oasis, but I'm torn, and keep going back and forth. Either itinerary would be ok with me. Part of me feels more comfortable that AoS  ports are in the US and Canada, but another part of me would like to see Coco Cay. Then I think that the weather might be nice (milder) with the AoS cruise, but think we can experience more new things in the Bahamas. As you can see, I am indecisive. For one positive I come up with for one, I come up with one for the other. Same with negatives. 

Has anyone been on both ships or done both itineraries? This will be our first ever cruise. I have a refundable deposit, so I won't loose any money to switch.

Please help! ?

Take your kids to Coco Cay!  The ship is better, the itinerary is better, IMHO.  The kids will have a blast.  I did Grandeur of the Seas to the Bahamas Jan. 2019 and my girls (21)  had a great time, although they were bored on the smaller, quieter ship.  Coco Cay had not even been amped yet.  So we are on our way back 03/15/2020 (25 days!)  on the Anthem and my entire family is stoked.  Enjoy and Bon Voyage either way!

I have done both itineraries, but... .  Did AoS to Bermuda/Bahama/Coco Cay and NE/Canada on Anthem.  

I think you need to also place into account your kids. 

•  NE/Canada is a great cruise, but for kids it maybe boring.  IE if they are not into hiking, seeing nature or historic tours like the Titanic museum in Halifax it won't be fun. 
  •  Adventure is a great ship, but the pool gets crowded since there are only 2 outdoor and the Solarium.   On my cruise last July the staff on AoS was strict.  Your 16 yo will be allowed in the Solarium, but not the 12.
  • Coco Cay is phenomenal.  Again, if your kids are like my family, than it is a no brainer.  Oasis.  We are water babies.  We love the beach.  Hubby spent most of the day snorkeling at Coco Cay.
  •  We love Bermuda, it is one of our favorite stops. Nothing like that pink sand, although I would call it salmon color, not pink. (TEHEHE) 
  •  AoS is a nice size ship.  Think Goldilocks, not too small, not too big.  It has stuff like the flowrider, mini-golf, rock climbing wall, ice skating etc.  Promenade never feels crowded.  They have specialty restaurants, but Izumi does not have hibachi or hot rocks.  It is easy to navigate the ship, and easy to find each other.  
  •  Oasis is a great ship, but much larger. My hubby will say I am navigationally challenged.  It takes me several days to figure out which way I need to turn to get to a specific area.  That being said, it has more things to explore 

My assumption is you are sailing out of Liberty.  This is a 1 season deal from what I understand regarding Oasis.  So for me, it would be Oasis.  Going under the Verrazano bridge on the Oasis is going to be OMG.  Anthem only clears the bottom of the bridge by @30 feet.  No words can describe how amazing that sail away is.

I haven't done Oasis yet, but have done Allure and Symphony (which are Oasis class), and we've been on Adventure.

I'll start with both ships are great, but ship for ship, I'd vote Oasis.

On Adventure, you'll have the waterslides, Flowrider, sports court, rock wall, pool, mini golf, plus all the activities and teen clubs if they attend.  We had great headliners (which changes cruise to cruise), but main stage show and ice show were just ok.  (We only saw one production show...I think there is another that you would see on a 9 nighter).

On Oasis, you have waterslides, Flowrider, sports court, rock wall, pool, mini golf, plus Abyss, zipline, laser tag, plus activities and teen club.  Many more food options and neighborhoods.  Can't talk specific for Oasis (and many complain of the Broadway show Cats), but the Oasis class shows are amazing....Aqua show, ice show, another production show, plus the broadway.

Having said that, I see your dilemma as you get 2 additional nights for $550 cheaper.  Also I personally love the bigger ships but they aren't for everyone. DH for example, prefers the Voyager class as it's easier to get around.

Oasis and CocoCay! Wait until the fall to do the Canada/New England cruise- much better views and colors, not to mention autumn activities. Adventure is a good size for first time cruisers, but Oasis is practically a beast compared to it. There's a lot more do on Oasis Class ships on cruising days as well. But, because you're a first time cruiser, this ultimately depends on you and what your family is looking for. Traveling with kids/teens I'd say Oasis is better, but if it's just you and your SO either would be comfortable. 

Pros/Cons Oasis Class:

Pros- larger, more to do, tropical cruises are always a blast (cococay is great for relaxing), more options for food/activities/pools

Cons- Larger ship=more people at destinations, can sometimes get noisy. Because of it's size it can be harder to navigate and more time consuming to go from one area of the ship to other

Pros/Cons for Voyager Class:

Pros- Can get to smaller ports because of size, easier to Navigate since everything is closer together, a less crowded cruise=less people at destinations. 

Cons- some people don't like the smaller/older ships (I think AoS is a great size though), not as much to do on cruising days and less options for food (specialty, not MTD)

Hi! So when my girls were 13 & 5 I took them on a cruise on NCL Gem to Canada/New England. My husband wasn't able to go so it gave me some comfort being relatively "close" to home. They had a great time on the cruise, and while we enjoyed sight-seeing they were honestly a little bored off the ship. Last year we cruised on Adventure to Coco Cay and we had a blast (husband went too). Ship was great and we all loved the island, so much so that we booked another cruise on Oasis to Coco Cay. For me, I don't care where the ship goes, I just love cruising. But for your kids, I really think Coco Cay is the way to go. Either way, happy cruising!

If you have the kids with you, I would probably agree with others and stick with Oasis.  That ship is perfect for families and there is never a lack of things to do, from entertainment choices to activities for teens, it's all there.  In addition, Coco Cay is likely going to be more of a hit with the teens.

We are actually doing our first Canada/NE sailing on Adventure this July.  It's a 9 night.  When we asked our girls (11&13) about it last year, they said go without them.  And this is from kids who love cruising.  Their first response was that it would be boring ports.  The second was that they would rather sail Oasis class.  Are they spoiled?  Yes.  But those are honest tween/teen feelings too.

If money is not a concern then Oasis is the ship to take your 2 boys on. So much more of a WOW factor with Oasis. I mentioned cost as not only is the Adventure cheaper but the water park at CocoCay will cost you more $$ too.  While we enjoy CocoCay without spending any extra $$ on the island (we are empty nesters now), it could be hard to take teens there and not pay for the water park  

We have done most of the Oasis class ships and also the Adventure. When our son was a teen and we did Adventure (after having been on Oasis & Allure) he was pretty bored / disappointed.  Luckily we had a last minute great deal on a 2 bedroom suite and he loved that. 

I would take the boys on the bigger ship to a more fun place (CocoCay) for a more memorable trip.  I would not be concerned with the ports being outside the U.S. - they are very safe places to travel. 

Remember... whatever you decide it will still be a great cruise.