Honeymoon!!

MedicAndy92

I just booked my Honeymoon cruise on Harmony of the seas on Oct. 18! We are super excited! We decided to go with the ultimate drink package and are looking at dining packages. I've been on 2 royal Caribbean cruises with my family 1 on Monarch and 1 on Freedom and my fiance is hoping on her first. Both cruises we ate exclusively at the included areas, i.e. main dining room, windjammer, sorrentos, etc. I want her to experience the (classic) cruising experience with the main dining room but we also want to experience the specialty dining so we're looking at doing the 3 night option. We definitely want to experience Wonderland but aren't sure which other specialty dining we should go with! Any suggestions are appreciated. We also are curious if the RCCL can do anything special for our arrival? Has anyone experienced this and if so how to set it up? Thank you all!

We are fans of chops, good steak house menu and excellent service. Jamie's was also very tasty, we did that on Oasis back in 2012.

Let them know it's your honeymoon and keep spreading the word. Most staff will make a big deal about it. In regards to "your arrival" you can buy various stateroom decorations on Royal's website. Honestly, it's expensive. Might be more fun to sneak decorations onboard, ask your new bride to run and get drinks and decorate real quick from dollar store stuff. My wife did this for my (sigh it's been a while) 30th bday and I loved it. She probably spent $10 bucks to my $100+ when I paid for Royal decorations on an anniversary.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Stick around!

Definitely tell your TA it's your honeymoon. I'm going on my honeymoon on Harmony Dec 13th with the Western Itinerary, and to be perfectly honest we only booked one or two nights of specialty dining. The main dining room has great service and food, and it's included so we plan on eating there most of the time like we have previously. 

• 3 years later...

A little late to the party, but in our current experience it seems ANY recognition for being newlyweds/honeymooners have gone out the window.  Its honestly seemed like employees on the boat have gone out of their way to completely avoid even a “congratulations” to my new wife and I.  We spent the first 3 days of our honeymoon cruise basically advertising that we just got married (tshirts and a new bride bag for my wife) and not even so much as a congratulations from a single crew member!  I even went to guest services with a separate question and when I mentioned it the guy just said “oh” and that was that lol.  So yeah, in 2023 if anyone reads this, dont expect a single thing unless you pay for it lol

Congrats on the marriage @NewlyWedOnRCI, but there is a large percentage of people onboard the ship celebrating something special.  In each case, what they are celebrating means more to them than your wedding means to them just as your wedding means more to you than their individual celebrations.

You and I agree that newlyweds should not be expecting to be a big deal on a cruise ship or even a rarity.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:09 PM, Ram cruiser said:

Could always do a specialty restaurant for lunch as another option

We ate there for dinner last May but we had an excellent meal at Sabor. The highlights were the chips n guac, the appetizers, and the desserts, so it may be better for lunch anyway (I don't know how the lunch menu differs off the top of my head). Oh, and if you like spicy, the jalapeno margaritas were great too (they also have others of course).

I agree too, plan your own celebration!  Expecting a cruise line to celebrate for you, you could be disappointed.

For important birthdays, or even our 50th anniversary, Royal knew of these occasions but did nothing. 

15 hours ago, asquared17 said:

can confirm; we just got one while here on harmony and it was delicious!! 

I'm jealous. Glad you liked it.

My actual favorite margarita is the Goalpost Margarita at Playmakers (jalapeno pineapple). The bar attached attached to El Loco Fresh also has one with pretty much the same description so I'm assuming that's pretty much the same thing as well but haven't tried it yet. I'll find out next month on Wonder. (Yes, I know Harmony doesn't have either, just decided to go off on a margarita tangent).