Well, that was a surprise...

DDemuth

Our younger daughter will be graduating from college in May and our older daughter has been teaching middle school in London for the last 2 years.  With the prospect of having both girls working to establish their respective careers in both the US and UK, this summer seemed like the last time that we could vacation as a family in the foreseeable future.   So last summer we booked Allure out of Barcelona for a Mediterranean cruise as kind of a last hurrah.  

At the time of booking, it was evident that this would be a relatively expensive endeavor since Allure would be recently AMPed, we would need to arrange for three trans-Atlantic flights, hotels reservations in Barcelona for both pre- and post-cruise site seeing and we would be traveling at peak season in July 2020.  But bite the bullet and pay the fare.  We did.  Yesterday, I did a mock booking for our cruise and was surprised to see that current pricing was significantly below what we had paid.  In part, this was because a senior discount (yes, I'm old) and a Resident discount was available that had not been applied to our initial booking.

Bottom line, a call to RCI to inquire resulted in a re-calculation of our reservation.  Not only were the discounts applied but the current BOGO60 and several other current sale discounts were added that reduced our costs by almost $1500.00.  Excursions and drink packages, here we come.....!   ?  My lucky day!  

Barca, here we come!!

17 hours ago, DDemuth said:

Our younger daughter will be graduating from college in May and our older daughter has been teaching middle school in London for the last 2 years.  With the prospect of having both girls working to establish their respective careers in both the US and UK, this summer seemed like the last time that we could vacation as a family in the foreseeable future.   So last summer we booked Allure out of Barcelona for a Mediterranean cruise as kind of a last hurrah.  

At the time of booking, it was evident that this would be a relatively expensive endeavor since Allure would be recently AMPed, we would need to arrange for three trans-Atlantic flights, hotels reservations in Barcelona for both pre- and post-cruise site seeing and we would be traveling at peak season in July 2020.  But bite the bullet and pay the fare.  We did.  Yesterday, I did a mock booking for our cruise and was surprised to see that current pricing was significantly below what we had paid.  In part, this was because a senior discount (yes, I'm old) and a Resident discount was available that had not been applied to our initial booking.

Bottom line, a call to RCI to inquire resulted in a re-calculation of our reservation.  Not only were the discounts applied but the current BOGO60 and several other current sale discounts were added that reduced our costs by almost $1500.00.  Excursions and drink packages, here we come.....!   ?  My lucky day!  

Barca, here we come!!

I glad the current promotions pricing works both ways.