Debarkation - Port Canaveral

CivilE

Looking to get some information on the debarkation process at Port Canaveral.  No, I'm not looking for my cruise to be over before it starts :P  .  But I am trying to plan a post-vacation vacation as a surprise for my two daughters who will be cruising with us for the first time.  How long does the process usually take?  Is there anything that I can do to help expedite the process and ensure that we can make it to Orlando before noon?  No flights involved, but I do have dining reservations at Disney for lunch.  This will also be our first experience with Royal, so I do not have a baseline to judge the process by.  We will be on Enchantment of the Seas, coming back from a 5/26 sailing.  Looking forward to making this a FANTASTIC family vacation.  Thanks!

:cheers:

CivilE

Looking to get some information on the debarkation process at Port Canaveral.  No, I'm not looking for my cruise to be over before it starts :P  .  But I am trying to plan a post-vacation vacation as a surprise for my two daughters who will be cruising with us for the first time.  How long does the process usually take?  Is there anything that I can do to help expedite the process and ensure that we can make it to Orlando before noon?  No flights involved, but I do have dining reservations at Disney for lunch.  This will also be our first experience with Royal, so I do not have a baseline to judge the process by.  We will be on Enchantment of the Seas, coming back from a 5/26 sailing.  Looking forward to making this a FANTASTIC family vacation.  Thanks!

:cheers:

CivilE

Just sailed Enchantment Dec 2013 & several others.. If you want to get out quickly, start with parking in the port garage. If you park off site it will cost you time getting transport. From the port garage you should be able to be on road by 0900 latest. We had a #4 (low) depart tag. Called at 0830, thru baggage claim & customs 0845, & out of the garage 0855. Have not driven to Orlando, but having 3 hr to get their should be zero problem. If you should get a high baggage tag # for departure, recommend asking for a lower #, they will probably accomodate. Another option is to do a walk off disembarkation. They allow walkoff departure as soon as customs clearance for the ship is granted. Be aware you must carry your own luggage off the ship -- in Port Canaveral that is not difficult -- unless you have a truckload. That would probably get you off the ship between 0730-0815? Enjoy your cruise, Coco Cay & Nassau. We sail often & found the Enchantment staff & crew to be one of the best we have seen -- great ship. Bon Voyage!

When arriving back in port at the end of a voyage you are at the mercy of US Customs and Boarder Patrol and port officials. Sometimes problems arise that cause a delay in getting off the ship. I experienced this in 2010 when getting of a 7 day cruise on Freedom of the Seas. I had a 11:30am flight out of MCO and almost missed my plane because I didn't get off the ship until 9:45am. Customs was backed up and had computer problems processing inbound passengers. I will now not book any flights before 12 noon.

Just got back from my 2nd cruise with Enchantment in a month and both times did the self carry off.

SO much easier than packing and planning and putting out luggage the night before. Also so much more relaxing than having to rush to breakfast and then get back to your "station" at a certain time to wait in line to leave the boat.

I woke up at 7am, took my time getting ready, went to breakfast, had a couple coffee's on the pool deck for one last time, then took my luggage down to deck 5 and was off the boat in a matter of minutes. 

It's a very smooth and easy/quick process.

Just got back from my 2nd cruise with Enchantment in a month and both times did the self carry off.

SO much easier than packing and planning and putting out luggage the night before. Also so much more relaxing than having to rush to breakfast and then get back to your "station" at a certain time to wait in line to leave the boat.

I woke up at 7am, took my time getting ready, went to breakfast, had a couple coffee's on the pool deck for one last time, then took my luggage down to deck 5 and was off the boat in a matter of minutes. 

It's a very smooth and easy/quick process.

I wish I could do that, but we always have too much stuff.  But if you can swing it, self-disembarkation is a great option!

Yes, i make it a point to only travel with one suitcase no matter what. Makes for a much easier process whether at the airport or cruising. Much more relaxing and much easier overall. I see others struggling with  a couple suitcases and a carry on or two and feel badly for them. Never seems like its an easy or enjoyable process for them...lol.