The WAITING struggle...

SteveinSC

3 hours ago, Wendylee said:

We come from cold country and want to get out of these arctic temps.

We had quite an arctic situation in South Carolina, yesterday. There was actual snow falling from the sky....it left a trace of a dusting on everything, but the ground. I think we will be ok. Kids had a school delay this morning. Nothing we couldnt overcome. Keep us in your thoughts, prayers, send some good vibes into the universe....whatever all of yall believe in. #CarolinaStrong  

...and 43 days till Rhapsody out of Tampa. Wife scolded me and told me to quit adding stuff to the Amazon "cruise list". #SteveStrong 

12 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

We had quite an arctic situation in South Carolina, yesterday. There was actual snow falling from the sky....it left a trace of a dusting on everything, but the ground. I think we will be ok. Kids had a school delay this morning. Nothing we couldnt overcome. Keep us in your thoughts, prayers, send some good vibes into the universe....whatever all of yall believe in. #CarolinaStrong  

...and 43 days till Rhapsody out of Tampa. Wife scolded me and told me to quit adding stuff to the Amazon "cruise list". #SteveStrong 

Putting the furniture back out on the deck today. Supposed to be 38 today here in Chicago! ?

37 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

I'm in the Easley area and yes the county is on a delay! Makes me miss cruising a little more...

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 12:07 PM, SteveinSC said:

You ever reach that point where you feel like youve researched all you can, youve set up all your excursions, youve filled out all there is to fill out.....and youre just WAITING. Its agony, and I just want my embarkation day to GET HERE. What do yall do to deal with the agony, the torture, the slow death of WAITING? 

Waiting GIF

Same! We just had this snow here in NC and I'm wanting palm trees. I can't book but one cruise every few years and this will be the first time for my kids. The fact that it's a surprise for them is making it worse. My poor mom (who is going too) has to hear me talk about it all the time. 178 days to go.

15 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SteveinSC Well you might sell your soul for Lou Malnatis or Pizano's, way better than Giordanos pizza.

My soul? Im still paying the mortgage on it from a Brazilian steak house incident in 2011 .....but if youre saying there is better Chicago style pizza than Giordanos, youve got my interest. Ive been to Chicago once....and ive been smitten with Giordanos ever since. 

@SteveinSC Two words.....SausagePatty.... ButterCrust. Also yeah those Brazilian steakhouses get a hold of you and next thing you know you feel much light since they took some of your soul. New Orleans got me with beignets too, who would have thunk bread and powder sugar?  That is why when I am not on vacation or cruising, I am on a strict eat-what-you-cook-only diet. It stops me from offering up my soul and overindulging.

On 2/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, SteveinSC said:

How'd you like Oasis?

LOVED it!  It was just my husband and myself and we had so much fun.  We relaxed, went to CATS ("meh" in my opinion), Caribbean line dancing class, ship tour, flow rider, mini golf, drink package... and the list is unending.  We loved the formal night activities.  And we walked those stairs every day...Only took the elevator once...and that was on the tour.