Disney World to Port Canaveral transportation

Hello we are going to be in Disney World at the end of July and decided since we were so close to Port Canaveral to tack on a cruise to Coco Cay.  We’re staying at the Swan Hotel which doesn’t provide transportation to the port, so I’m turning to message boards to elicit help.   What is the best way to  get from Disney World to the port? 

1 minute ago, Mrsbeaker1127 said:

Hello we are going to be in Disney World at the end of July and decided since we were so close to Port Canaveral to tack on a cruise to Coco Cay.  We’re staying at the Swan Hotel which doesn’t provide transportation to the port, so I’m turning to message boards to elicit help.   What is the best way to  get from Disney World to the port? 

There are a bunch of options, but goport.com is one of the biggest. They’ll pick you up at your resort and may stop at other resorts before taking you to the Port. It’s reasonable and gets you there fairly quickly.

My preference is to rent a car so I can make a quick stop for bottled water and wine. Depending on how many people there are in your party, the cost can be close. Alamo is on Disney property and very close to the port. 

We used Disney Magical Transport from Beach club resort to Port Canaveral then back to Disney to get our car. Their transport on bus was awesome and they take care of your luggage from the resort to the port seamlessly. The bus was very comfortable and since it was a Disney bus took us straight to the terminal entrance. A great experience all around. 

8 hours ago, Dragon66 said:

We used Disney Magical Transport from Beach club resort to Port Canaveral then back to Disney to get our car. Their transport on bus was awesome and they take care of your luggage from the resort to the port seamlessly. The bus was very comfortable and since it was a Disney bus took us straight to the terminal entrance. A great experience all around. 

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Disney World Xport services the Dolphin or Swan to PC since they are considered "conference hotels".

15 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Disney World Xport services the Dolphin or Swan to PC since they are considered "conference hotels".

you may be correct about that, i have never stayed at either but you still may be able to use Disney transport, just be picked up at another location nearby, Boarwalk or maybe Beach Club or Yatch club resort. 

On 2/17/2020 at 4:44 PM, Mrsbeaker1127 said:

One of my friends did something similar last year. Apparently went to Disney Springs the night before and stayed at a hotel that was at Disney World but not a Disney hotel. I don't know if you're driving or flying, but they just drove to PC and parked at the terminal. From what I can tell, there weren't any issues 

• 1 year later...

For those who have done this, Disney and then cruise out of port Canaveral, how easy is it to get from Disney to the port?  I know typically nobody recommends traveling in the day of the cruise, but this seems close enough that grabbing a Lyft/Uber that morning and heading to the port would be ok, right?

Just an FYI, Disney no longer provides complementary transportation from the World to (or from) the airport.  That ended Dec 31.  I would suggest renting a car, driving to the port and dropping it off there.  You can do the same for your return to the airport or book a shuttle service.  Both Cortrans and Cruise Control Transportation get good reviews.

We would fly in a few days early, do a few days in Disney, then head over to the port after that, so wouldn’t be flying in day of, but driving (or some form of transportation) from Disney property to the port…just wasn’t sure if it would be better to travel to the port the night before and stay closer to there, or if it would be easy enough to just drive from Disney the morning of the cruise

I am in no way an expert (not even a US citizen!), but I was supposed to be coming to Orlando last year and had pre-booked some transfers with this chap after doing some research. http://www.orlandotaxiservice.com/

Martin was very helpful and I am sure would have been a good choice if we had made it. No harm in getting a few quotes!

5 minutes ago, Bazza said:

I am in no way an expert (not even a US citizen!), but I was supposed to be coming to Orlando last year and had pre-booked some transfers with this chap after doing some research. http://www.orlandotaxiservice.com/

Martin was very helpful and I am sure would have been a good choice if we had made it. No harm in getting a few quotes!

Just realised how old the initial post was! Doh.