MDR changes

Momisfragile

Your brother should call Royal and ask to switch to early dining (and ask for the wait list if necessary).  Either way, you will also want your reservations linked which requires a request from someone in each reservation (so you and your brother).  Then, if your brother gets early dining (or the wait list is successful) they will actually put you at the same table.

If you can't get it resolved before the cruise, you and your brother should visit the MDR right after you board and the head waiter will try to accommodate you.  They usually have flexibility then as plenty of guests will also be asking for some changes.

9 minutes ago, HAK1906 said:

Regarding MDR. We were reassigned from 5:30 to 8:00. We have nine folks and would actually like a 7:15 but since that’s not available my question how early can we show up for 8PM seating?

Do you have Early Dining or My Time Dining?  My guess is you have Early Dining and if so, no you can't show up at 7:15 as you are expected to be there at 5:30.  If you have My Time Dining, then yes you can make a reservation for 7:15 or show up at 7:15, however, like a land restaurant if you show up and it is full you'll have to wait.

4 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Do you have Early Dining or My Time Dining?  My guess is you have Early Dining and if so, no you can't show up at 7:15 as you are expected to be there at 5:30.  If you have My Time Dining, then yes you can make a reservation for 7:15 or show up at 7:15, however, like a land restaurant if you show up and it is full you'll have to wait.

We actually moved our 5:30 to 8. So we want to arrive really early for our 8pm MDR seating. Checking to see if 7:15 is to early. . We tried to do Mytime dining but found it very hard to get confirmed for 9 people. 

With traditional dining, no, you cannot show up that early.  I believe the MDR doors are closed until a certain time though I can't recall exactly when they open.  They can do this because My Time Dining uses a different floor of the MDR (or even a different room depending on the ship).  If you really want to eat at 7:15 you need to move your booking to My Time Dining and make reservations because that time will be popular.  Switching your entire party may require getting on wait lists and seeing what happens.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

With traditional dining, no, you cannot show up that early.  I believe the MDR doors are closed until a certain time though I can't recall exactly when they open.  They can do this because My Time Dining uses a different floor of the MDR (or even a different room depending on the ship).  If you really want to eat at 7:15 you need to move your booking to My Time Dining and make reservations because that time will be popular.  Switching your entire party may require getting on wait lists and seeing what happens.

Is it best to do that on the ship as soon as I get on board?  Tried doing that prior to the cruise and was told on a long wait list.