Zoom

soulboy

I am looking at the different wifi packages offered and see that on my cruise(Harmony) they are offering buy one get the other half price. Are they likely to offer this deal on board as well. 

It pretty expensive for 7 days(£15.75 per day) but seeing as the first day I will be docked in the UK for most of it and it's technically it's not even a full day. Would I be better to wait till I'm on board to buy it after we sailed?

Just an FYI it's Voom.

The 50% offer on the internet packages for a second device is always offered. In addition, you're allowed to use multiple devices, just not at the same time unless you buy the two device option. If you're willing to share, then you really only need to pay for one login. For example, my wife downloads her paper in the morning and might skim Facebook at night, so if she's not logged in I can still use the Internet with paying for an additional device.

Most of us recommend NOT pre purchasing Internet as you'll receive a coupon onboard if you're a C&A member. You can also buy it later into the cruise, too.

Most of us recommend NOT pre purchasing Internet as you'll receive a coupon onboard if you're a C&A member. You can also buy it later into the cruise, too.

I have pre purchased before and found it to be nothing but problems. The codes you need for the internet to work need to be sent from corporate and they are not waiting for you in your cabin. So you can wait until even later in the day or make trips to guest services, which is very busy first day. Sometimes the codes from corporate do not even work. 

So now given a choice to pre purchase or buy on ship I believe on ship is the only way to go. Even if it costs me more money, the savings of pre purchase is not worth the wasted time.

I have pre purchased before and found it to be nothing but problems. The codes you need for the internet to work need to be sent from corporate and they are not waiting for you in your cabin. So you can wait until even later in the day or make trips to guest services, which is very busy first day. Sometimes the codes from corporate do not even work. 

So now given a choice to pre purchase or buy on ship I believe on ship is the only way to go. Even if it costs me more money, the savings of pre purchase is not worth the wasted time.

If you're Crown and Anchor, it should actually be less onboard as you can apply your discount.  I've yet to hear it costing more onboard than pre purchasing it.

If you're Crown and Anchor, it should actually be less onboard as you can apply your discount.  I've yet to hear it costing more onboard than pre purchasing it.

Yes I know that but I have been offered discounts through Crown & Anchor before boarding.  Also since this posting was started by a new poster to the site maybe he is not C & A. The real point I was making is pre purchase is not a good deal even if a lower price.