Hotel before cruise

pmetcalf

I plan on arriving on Friday before Sunday cruise.  I will most likely rent a car.  I'm thinking of visiting Kennedy Space Center on Saturday.  What are best hotels, restaurants, etc in the area?  I have researched and can return my car in Port Canaveral and get a shuttle to the port.

Thanks!

I usually stay at the Cocoa Beach Hilton when I travel for work to Kennedy Space Center. Right on the beach, Tiki bar, near restaurants. I don't know if they have a shuttle from the hotel to the port, but sounds like you don't need one. I have also stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral - but it was starting to show its age the last time I was there. It was still clean, and a decent place to stay - but I like the Hilton better because of the proximity to the beach. 

On 2/16/2020 at 12:28 PM, pmetcalf said:

What are best hotels, restaurants, etc in the area? 

If you like mexican food, I found a new fave in the Port Canaveral area:  https://www.lacatrinacocoabeach.com/

It's right across from the Dinosaur Store as well which is fun if you have kids who are into the dino thing:  https://www.dinosaurstore.com/

On 2/16/2020 at 11:28 AM, pmetcalf said:

I plan on arriving on Friday before Sunday cruise.  I will most likely rent a car.  I'm thinking of visiting Kennedy Space Center on Saturday.  What are best hotels, restaurants, etc in the area?  I have researched and can return my car in Port Canaveral and get a shuttle to the port.

Thanks!

We are doing the same thing but I decided to cancel my hotel reservation near Port Canaveral and stay at an AirBnB in Orlando.  It gives us more room for the kids and ended up to be cheaper than 2 hotel rooms for 2 nights.