Repricing

Hags1684

So we've heard Matt say several times to watch your fare and reprice if it drops. I understand that most of the time this is refunded in OBC or am I wrong ? Also, if I take a reprice and the fare drops again can we get it repriced again or is it a one and done kinda thing? Thanks for the info in advance.

I have repriced one of my 2021 cruises four times and saved over $200. I'm retired so I have time to check daily. The RCL operators have always been very accommodating and even informed me of additional discounts that were not on the web site. The repriced amount is reflected in the balance due; they email a new invoice. 

1 minute ago, Hags1684 said:

So we've heard Matt say several times to watch your fare and reprice if it drops. I understand that most of the time this is refunded in OBC or am I wrong ? Also, if I take a reprice and the fare drops again can we get it repriced again or is it a one and done kinda thing? Thanks for the info in advance.

No, your refund from a fare repricing is returned to the CC that was used.  The only time you will get refund money as OBC is if you cancel or reprice or make some kind of adjustment after you board.  

I've repriced my May cruise to New England and Canada 3 times in the two weeks since I booked it. Two of those times saved me a total of $150, which I got back from Royal Caribbean the other day. The third time, though the price was lower, my TA alerted me that the lower fare would mean losing OBC that was basically equal to the third fare drop. I decided to just keep the OBC since it was basically a wash.

I never used a TA before I came across this blog and have started looking into cruising as often as I can; I'm definitely already a believer in having one! ?

Another consideration regarding price drops: even if you have made your final payment, in the event the price drops, while you can't get a refund, you may be able to upgrade your room for the same price you have already paid, or in some cases, a nominal additional cost.