Excited about room service!

I have been watching a lot of videos of people ordering room service on their cruise. The room service menu has a lot of good looking food on it! Sad to say, I am so excited to order room service and just eat it in my room or on the balcony. Just relax and chill doing nothing. This may be one of the highlights of the cruise for me! LOL....BTW, I am a mom who will be taking a vacation from cooking too!

Not having to cook and then clean up the dishes is one of my favorite parts of vacation! That's not sad at all - for me vacations are about getting away from the normal routines and letting someone else do the stuff I don't like to do. Heck, just the fact that I don't have to figure out what to make that the whole family will eat is a bonus - everyone gets to order their own food! You want steak? Cool, get steak. You want chicken nuggets (again)? Go for it. But seriously, stop eating chicken nuggets for every meal. ? 

That being said, sometimes the first homemade meal you make when you get home tastes the best. Right up there with sleeping in your own bed again. Enjoy the vacation!

5 hours ago, Branderson610 said:

I have been watching a lot of videos of people ordering room service on their cruise. The room service menu has a lot of good looking food on it! Sad to say, I am so excited to order room service and just eat it in my room or on the balcony. Just relax and chill doing nothing. This may be one of the highlights of the cruise for me! LOL....BTW, I am a mom who will be taking a vacation from cooking too!

I am a mom of 2... married... and I work full time... I think most of us moms can relate! I am going on a cruise in April with my best friend to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We are SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to not cooking, to not constantly hearing  "mom mom mom mom" ... or the kids fighting...  or even the opportunity to go to the bathroom by myself LOL  This cruise will be all about relaxing and having some drinks.. and enjoying someone wait on me for a change LOL I LOVE the idea of room service too! Thats one reason to get a balcony room- a meal with a view ?

7 hours ago, Branderson610 said:

Just relax and chill doing nothing. This may be one of the highlights of the cruise for me!

This is the main reason why I love cruising!!!  From one working mom to another. ?

And if you are trying room service, you have to get the chicken wings.  They are my favourite item on the room service menu.  Really good!

7 hours ago, SnickerTail said:

Not having to cook and then clean up the dishes is one of my favorite parts of vacation! That's not sad at all - for me vacations are about getting away from the normal routines and letting someone else do the stuff I don't like to do. Heck, just the fact that I don't have to figure out what to make that the whole family will eat is a bonus - everyone gets to order their own food! You want steak? Cool, get steak. You want chicken nuggets (again)? Go for it. But seriously, stop eating chicken nuggets for every meal. ? 

That being said, sometimes the first homemade meal you make when you get home tastes the best. Right up there with sleeping in your own bed again. Enjoy the vacation!

I am not a stay at home mom but I am one of the few cooks on my shift at the fire department, and I also end up cooking when I get home as well due to me being the first one home when I work at my part time job. I completely feel your pain, I enjoy cooking but sometimes it is nice to sit and let someone else cater to your needs and allow you to sit back and relax! Enjoy your cruise I am sure that you deserve it!!

I'm a full time working mom of 4, and our evenings consist of running kids to swim practice and rushing to put something on the table when they walk in the door - then clean up, bathe them, shove them in bed. Then do it all over again the next day. On cruise - I get to NOT do that- and actually enjoy time with my kids. It's perfect. 

Even if we eat breakfast at WJ or the MDR, we like to order the continental breakfast from room service early, which is complimentary.  It's nice to have coffee and some fruit or a muffin while we get ready for the day. We like to think of it as "breakfast appetizers."

Happy cruising!

18 hours ago, JG1209 said:

I am a mom of 2... married... and I work full time... I think most of us moms can relate!

...and Dad's. I am married with 2 boys. I do all the cooking for my family, as my wife is a Nurse and doesn't get home till later than us. I am looking forward to doughnuts, bagels, fruit and COFFEE delivered to my room EVERY MORNING, no meal prep (i cook my personal meals for the entire week) on Sunday,  and no nightly dinners for the family, followed by the DISHES! Its the small things...ill worry about being back to Mr. Mom post cruise.  

200.gif

I've never ordered to eat on a balcony.  My kids used to order room service, which they loved because they could sleep in and have food delivered.  When RC started charging for room service I forbid them to order it.  (they don't like the continental breakfast).  We usually all do our own thing on the cruise but my only rule with my family is that we meet for dinner.  I've done this with other family/friends we cruise with and we have all enjoyed the flexibility in being on our own and then at dinner we all talk about our day and what's going on that evening.  
As a former working mom of 3 I thoroughly enjoyed my first cruise experience.  We used to go to a timeshare with the full kitchen and I cooked on vacation to save money.  Cruising is definitely the stress free best thing ever for us!!!

Not sure what kinda room you have but usually in a standard balcony room there isn't much room to eat a meal. If one of the reasons you want to order a room service is you dont feel like dressing up,  dont worry about it.   Just throw something on half way decent and go to MDR.  You will find you're probably dressed better than most.  You can sit down, relax, order your food, take your time and have a wonderful choice of foods with plenty of room.   You can still escape from it all there better than in your room.   Well that's my two cents worth....enjoy, relax and have great vacation.

15 minutes ago, MikeK said:

Not sure what kinda room you have but usually in a standard balcony room there isn't much room to eat a meal. If one of the reasons you want to order a room service is you dont feel like dressing up,  dont worry about it.   Just throw something on half way decent and go to MDR.  You will find you're probably dressed better than most.  You can sit down, relax, order your food, take your time and have a wonderful choice of foods with plenty of room.   You can still escape from it all there better than in your room.   Well that's my two cents worth....enjoy, relax and have great vacation.

As a reminder where to go to fresh and not the powdered eggs. If I remember  correctly it was at the omelet station in Windjammer.