Backpacks to porters?

Linda216

I was considering giving my kids backpacks to the porters on embarkation day.  (Obviously removing any valuables first)  My kids both packed most of their clothes in them and thinking it would be nice to ditch the extra bags to enjoy the ship more  

Is this feasible and a decent idea? or do they mostly want suitcases to stack etc? Lmk if this seems like a good idea or not.  Thx! 

12 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

I was considering giving my kids backpacks to the porters on embarkation day.  (Obviously removing any valuables first)  My kids both packed most of their clothes in them and thinking it would be nice to ditch the extra bags to enjoy the ship more  

Is this feasible and a decent idea? or do they mostly want suitcases to stack etc? Lmk if this seems like a good idea or not.  Thx! 

We did this last year and the porters at the Miami airport didn't say anything to us, so I say go ahead and drop them off 

15 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

Great!  Will I be able to extra luggage tags there or do I need to find them in my email?  (I’ve been searching this morning and can’t find my big travel document packet in my email trash.  Any idea the title of the email to better find it?) 

The porters should have extra tags. An easier way to find them on your own is to log into your cruise planner and click the “edocs” link.